Skydio is the leading US drone manufacturer and world leader in autonomous flight, the key technology for the future of drones and aerial transportation. The Skydio team combines deep expertise in artificial intelligence, best-in-class hardware and software product development, and operational excellence to empower a broader, more diverse audience of drone users - from action sports enthusiasts to first responders.
About the role:
Skydio is building a secure global connected drone platform to bring unprecedented capabilities for major enterprise and government markets. We are seeking an experienced Site Reliability Engineer who is excited to architect, implement, deploy, maintain and scale the underlying infrastructure required to deliver Skydio autonomy at scale.
Our Infrastructure team is small, but high impact. We work across team boundaries and strive to empower, upskill and support our colleagues by helping them execute on their ideas. We leverage these interactions to identify common patterns, work towards standardizing processes/tooling and utilize automation to drive efficiencies across the stack.
As a future member of the Infrastructure team, your day-to-day will reach across our areas of focus, which include:
- Observability: We are laying foundations that provide end-to-end visibility into the entire landscape of Skydio services both external and internal
- Developer Ergonomics: How fast can we turn an idea into production grade deployment?
- Software Development Lifecycle: We ship a lot of code across the teams. Our continuous integration, delivery and deployment systems are key pieces of automation that keeps Skydio flying
Local candidates are preferred, but all interested and qualified individuals located in the Pacific or Mountain time zones are strongly encouraged to apply!
How you'll make an impact:
- Develop and deliver the systems that enable enterprise use-cases on the Skydio Platform
- Actively contribute towards the 24/7 availability of Skydio's platforms by joining our rotating on-call schedule
- Develop tools that improve monitoring, telemetry, visualization, alerting, and reporting
- Implement CI and CD workflows that allow automated deployment from Development to QA to Production
- Evangelize and implement best-practice security mechanisms across all Skydio software (cloud, mobile, on-drone)
- Take ownership on a wide range of systems and drive projects from concept through shipping
- Design, write and deliver software to improve the availability, scalability, latency, and efficiency of Skydio’s cloud services
What makes you a good fit:
- Experience with running multi-cluster production workloads on Kubernetes
- High proficiency running systems on AWS
- Expertise with configuration management tooling: Terraform, Ansible, etc
- Expertise with debian based linux distributions
- Fluent with Python, Golang (or similar language)
- Knowledge and understanding of network theory, such as different protocols (TCP/IP, UDP, ICMP, etc), MAC addresses, IP packets, DNS, OSI layers, and load balancing
- Database experience (PostgreSQL or similar)
At Skydio we believe that diversity drives innovation. We have created a multi-disciplinary environment that embraces the power of diverse perspectives to create elegant solutions for complex problems. We are committed to growing our network of people, programs, and resources to nurture an inclusive culture.
As such, we do not make hiring or other employment-related decisions on the basis of an applicant or employee’s race, color, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and related medical conditions), pregnancy, gender, gender identity or expression, age, religion, disability status, sexual orientation, marital status, medical condition, generic information or characteristics, veteran, military or family status, or other classifications protected by applicable federal, state or local anti-discrimination laws.
For positions located in the United States of America, our company Skydio, Inc. uses E-Verify to confirm employment eligibility. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit https://www.e-verify.gov/