Skydio is the leading US drone manufacturer and world leader in autonomous flight, the key technology for the future of drones and aerial transportation. The Skydio team combines deep expertise in artificial intelligence, best-in-class hardware and software product development, and operational excellence to empower a broader, more diverse audience of drone users - from action sports enthusiasts to first responders.
About the role:
Insightfully designed manufacturing processes and fully qualified supplier relationships are critical elements in bringing tightly integrated, sophisticated electromechanical systems to major markets. As a primary designer and executioner of Skydio’s Supplier Industrialization Engineering practice, you’ll work with our product development, manufacturing, supply, and quality teams and interface with vendors on product design specifications, ensuring that the world’s most advanced autonomous drones arrive on time and at the highest quality.
How you'll make an impact:
- Collaborate with the design team early in the product development process to ensure parts are designed for high quality manufacturability
- Develop an in-depth understanding of part function and critical to quality criteria to drive manufacturing process definition with suppliers
- Drive the development of supplier manufacturing process and launch readiness activities through the product development process
- Evaluate supplier process capabilities to ensure suppliers can deliver high quality parts and subsystems at volume
- Architect, develop, and implement processes and metrics to fabricate, test, and validate complex electromechanical and components
- Define, implement, and facilitate on-going data collection and reporting from suppliers
- Respond quickly to ongoing/sustaining manufacturing issues that arise in the day to day process of ramping products
What makes you a good fit:
- Desire to bring groundbreaking electromechanical systems to life
- Interpersonal and leadership skills as well as the ability to be a positive team member to both colleagues and external partners
- Experience with bringing up and managing suppliers in different geographies
- In-depth knowledge of best in class manufacturing processes, measurement and inspection practices, reliability, and statistical process control
- Mechanical engineering, plastics engineering, or quality engineering experience for high-end, high-volume consumer electronics products
- In-depth knowledge of Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T) and inspection
- Practical manufacturing experience and/or knowledge in the following manufacturing processes: metal casting, sheet forming and stamping, injection molding, extrusion, coating technologies, and welding
- Experience applying quality tools such as Failure Modes Effect Analysis (FMEA), Production Part Approval Process (PPAP) and 8D Problem-Solving, Root Cause Analysis, Statistical Process Control (SPC), and/or CAPA
- Self starter with a desire to push Skydio products to the next level and ability to communicate cross functionally
- Expected travel requirements 20%
At Skydio we believe that diversity drives innovation. We have created a multi-disciplinary environment that embraces the power of diverse perspectives to create elegant solutions for complex problems. We are committed to growing our network of people, programs, and resources to nurture an inclusive culture.
As such, we do not make hiring or other employment-related decisions on the basis of an applicant or employee’s race, color, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and related medical conditions), pregnancy, gender, gender identity or expression, age, religion, disability status, sexual orientation, marital status, medical condition, generic information or characteristics, veteran, military or family status, or other classifications protected by applicable federal, state or local anti-discrimination laws.
For positions located in the United States of America, our company Skydio, Inc. uses E-Verify to confirm employment eligibility. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit https://www.e-verify.gov/