Skydio is the leading US drone manufacturer and world leader in autonomous flight, the key technology for the future of drones and aerial transportation. The Skydio team combines deep expertise in artificial intelligence, best-in-class hardware and software product development, and operational excellence to empower a broader, more diverse audience of drone users - from action sports enthusiasts to first responders.
About the role:
We are seeking a talented multi-disciplinary Technical Program Manager to define, implement, and drive solutions that enable sales, hardware operations and finance functions. As a Technical Program Manager, you will lead the cross-functional, cross-project delivery of strategic and high value programs spanning the entire spectrum of Business Systems. You will formulate recommended system design, partner with external technology providers and internal cross-functional teams. In this role, your contributions will directly drive business systems optimization, speed to market, productivity, and profitability.
How you'll make an impact:
- Standardize project management and intake process for business systems projects across hardware operations/SCM, Sales, CS and finance functions.
- Partner with Sales, Marketing, Operations and Customer Success teams to define business processes and associated system requirements.
- Create and maintain a plan using Project Management tools and report weekly progress based on the plan.
- Prepare roadmaps and break the work down into actionable work streams.
- Lead project meetings and presentations, track actionable follow ups, ensure all parties complete action items, and maintain the overall schedule.
- Project manage multiple Business system/IT projects of varying size and complexity.
- Interact extensively and facilitate discussions with business leaders to define the scope of work.
- Be a change agent and lead change management efforts.
- Drive business requirements documentation in sufficient detail to allow proper design, configuration, customization and development of system solutions.
- Proven ability to influence diverse groups of stakeholders, including senior stakeholders.
What makes you a good fit:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 8+ years of experience with ERP/CRM and Business systems (NetSuite, SalesForce Etc.)
- Understanding of business processes specifically in Hardware Ops/Supply Chain, Finance, Go to Market Etc.
- Experience in Waterfall, Agile, and Hybrid project execution methodology.
- Familiarity with tools such as Jira, Asana, Lucid, Smartsheets, Notion etc.
- PMP or Scrum Certification preferred.
- Ability to own and execute multiple programs simultaneously.
- Experience in building and enhancing integrated systems through the entire lifecycle (analyze, design, build, test, implement and support).
- Experience in driving end-to-end solutions through the entire SDLC – right from running the workshops, design, build, test, deployment, UAT, and handover.
- Understanding of Consumer Electronics hardware product lifecycle.
- Strategic and tactical skills in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills with an intellectual curiosity.
- Clear communicator to stakeholders across departments and at different levels of the company.
- Demonstrated ability to learn quickly and pick up new skills.
- Self starter and proactive personality with a proven track record of following through and delivering on responsibilities.
At Skydio we believe that diversity drives innovation. We have created a multi-disciplinary environment that embraces the power of diverse perspectives to create elegant solutions for complex problems. We are committed to growing our network of people, programs, and resources to nurture an inclusive culture.
As such, we do not make hiring or other employment-related decisions on the basis of an applicant or employee’s race, color, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and related medical conditions), pregnancy, gender, gender identity or expression, age, religion, disability status, sexual orientation, marital status, medical condition, generic information or characteristics, veteran, military or family status, or other classifications protected by applicable federal, state or local anti-discrimination laws.
For positions located in the United States of America, our company Skydio, Inc. uses E-Verify to confirm employment eligibility. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit https://www.e-verify.gov/