Skydio is the leading US drone manufacturer and world leader in autonomous flight, the key technology for the future of drones and aerial transportation. The Skydio team combines deep expertise in artificial intelligence, best-in-class hardware and software product development, and operational excellence to empower a broader, more diverse audience of drone users - from action sports enthusiasts to first responders.
About the role:
The FP&A team at Skydio is seeking a talented business partner who thrives on executing in a fast-paced, rapidly growing organization. The role will report to the FP&A Senior Manager, Hardware Operations, and will support Skydio’s Hardware Operations teams including Supply Chain, Manufacturing, Planning, and Logistics. Your responsibilities will include building and maintaining forecast models, preparing and managing budgets, developing management reporting, and performing ad hoc analysis. This is a hands-on, strategic role and will require a solid understanding of hardware operations processes, inventory management, direct and indirect COGS, and short-term and long-term planning.
How you'll make an impact:
Planning & Forecasting
- Lead strategic and financial planning processes for the Hardware Operations teams including Manufacturing, Supply Chain, and Logistics (e.g., monthly reviews, annual and long-term plan)
- Lead the buildout of the forecasts for major Hardware Operations cost components including capital equipment/tooling cost, raw materials cost, tariffs cost, freight cost, labor and transformation costs, and headcount by department
- Lead forecasting of allocation to COGS for indirect costs by department
- Maintain and improve Skydio’s forecast models related to Manufacturing, Supply Chain, Logistics, and COGS as well as departmental models for Hardware Ops, including managing a rolling forecast for the business
- Ensure financial models reflect an aligned approach to product definitions, product costs, lead times, R&D schedules, and production priorities
Analysis & Reporting
- Develop and analyze data, financial metrics, and business metrics used by the company and senior management to drive business performance and track growth initiatives
- Investigate variances between actuals and forecasts to understand trends and potential risks and opportunities for Skydio
- Develop financial reports for various Hardware Ops activities (inventory management, supplier selection, make vs. buy analysis, vendor spend, etc.) for the management team
- Monitor and track indirect headcount by product, and devise a product-level cost attribution model for Product and Segment P&L reporting
Business Partnership / Communication
- Be your business teams’ go-to financial partner for ad hoc analysis and relevant external relations (e.g., negotiating new contract terms or evaluating prospective partnerships)
- Be a thought leader to improve and simplify processes, drive standardization, and build scalable solutions to support the next wave of Skydio’s growth
What makes you a good fit:
- 4-6+ years of experience in financial analysis, including excellent analytical skills and a strong proficiency in financial modeling
- Prior work experience with hardware engineering, manufacturing, supply chain and logistics
- Deep understanding of the hardware business model and key drivers of growth and profitability
- Extensive understanding and substantial knowledge of finance concepts and FP&A best practices, including headcount planning, driver-based modeling, budgeting, and forecasting
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate to all levels and with cross-functional business partners, and present results highlighting areas of judgment and strategic impact
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Finance, Business, Economics, or related field required
- Proven ability to work in a fast-paced environment with minimal supervision. Proactive self-starter with the ability to multitask and prioritize appropriately to meet tight deadlines.
- High attention to detail and formatting is a must
- High standard for integrity required for exposure to confidential Company performance, legal contracts and employee information
At Skydio we believe that diversity drives innovation. We have created a multi-disciplinary environment that embraces the power of diverse perspectives to create elegant solutions for complex problems. We are committed to growing our network of people, programs, and resources to nurture an inclusive culture.
As such, we do not make hiring or other employment-related decisions on the basis of an applicant or employee’s race, color, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and related medical conditions), pregnancy, gender, gender identity or expression, age, religion, disability status, sexual orientation, marital status, medical condition, generic information or characteristics, veteran, military or family status, or other classifications protected by applicable federal, state or local anti-discrimination laws.
For positions located in the United States of America, our company Skydio, Inc. uses E-Verify to confirm employment eligibility. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit https://www.e-verify.gov/