Skydio is the leading US drone manufacturer and world leader in autonomous flight, the key technology for the future of drones and aerial transportation. The Skydio team combines deep expertise in artificial intelligence, best-in-class hardware and software product development, and operational excellence to empower a broader, more diverse audience of drone users - from action sports enthusiasts to first responders.
About the role:
The FP&A team at Skydio is seeking a talented business partner who thrives on executing in a fast-paced, rapidly growing organization. This newly created role will report to the Head of FP&A and will support Skydio’s GTM teams, including Sales, Marketing, and Customer Success. Your responsibilities will include spearheading the annual planning process, building and maintaining forecast models, managing budgets, developing management reporting, and performing ad hoc analysis for the GTM organization. This is a hands-on, strategic role and will require a solid understanding of GTM, sales operations, unit economics, pricing, and planning cycles. This role will also have one direct report.
How you'll make an impact:
- Planning & Forecasting
- Lead strategic and financial planning processes for the GTM teams (e.g., monthly reviews, annual and long-term plan).
- Lead the buildout of the forecasts for major GTM components including but not limited to, demand, bookings, billings, ARR, revenue, operating expenses, and headcount
- Financial Modeling
- Own and maintain Skydio’s Quota, Bookings, Commissions, Revenue and Metrics models, prepare regular updates on performance vs. plan and vs. historical data
- Develop robust and scalable model enhancements to streamline decision-making. Ensure financial objectives such as demand, bookings, ARR, productivity, etc. are appropriately analyzed and understood by business partners
- Reporting & Analysis
- Build and maintain company-wide metrics by product mix, segment, region and acquisition channel; develop insights and analyses to understand trends and proactively identify areas of opportunity and risk
- Prepare management reporting for leadership to analyze results and present forecasts, author clear narratives that describe business strategy and performance, assess business risk and operating health and align cross functional teams to effective solutions.
- Business Partnership / Communication
- Partner with Skydio’s Accounting and Sales Operations team for quarter-end close reporting, driving internal processes to maintain and improve predictability of financial results
- Be a thought leader to improve and simplify processes, drive standardization, and build scalable solutions to support the next wave of Skydio’s growth.
What makes you a good fit:
- 5-8+ years of experience in FP&A (prior sales finance experience at a SaaS or HW company preferred)
- High level of proficiency in Excel,PowerPoint, and Salesforce required.
- Strong knowledge of financial and management reporting and SaaS and HW bookings-based business models
- Extensive understanding and substantial knowledge of finance concepts and FP&A best practices, including headcount planning, driver-based modeling, budgeting, and forecasting
- Proven ability to manage multiple competing priorities simultaneously and drive projects to completion
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate to all levels and with cross-functional business partners, and present results highlighting areas of judgment and strategic impact
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Finance, Business, Economics, or related field required
- Data visualization/BI experience (Tableau or Looker a plus)
At Skydio we believe that diversity drives innovation. We have created a multi-disciplinary environment that embraces the power of diverse perspectives to create elegant solutions for complex problems. We are committed to growing our network of people, programs, and resources to nurture an inclusive culture.
As such, we do not make hiring or other employment-related decisions on the basis of an applicant or employee’s race, color, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and related medical conditions), pregnancy, gender, gender identity or expression, age, religion, disability status, sexual orientation, marital status, medical condition, generic information or characteristics, veteran, military or family status, or other classifications protected by applicable federal, state or local anti-discrimination laws.
For positions located in the United States of America, our company Skydio, Inc. uses E-Verify to confirm employment eligibility. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit https://www.e-verify.gov/