Skydio is the leading US drone manufacturer and world leader in autonomous flight, the key technology for the future of drones and aerial transportation. The Skydio team combines deep expertise in artificial intelligence, best-in-class hardware and software product development, and operational excellence to empower a broader, more diverse audience of drone users - from action sports enthusiasts to first responders.
About the role: We’re looking for a Senior Linux/Unix Administrator to help support the wide range of technology requirements associated with developing and deploying state-of-the-art autonomous systems in a fast-paced startup environment. This is a cross-functional role in which you’ll implement, maintain, and improve Skydio’s servers, local clusters, office workstations, and networks.
How you'll make an impact:
- Daily responsibilities will include software deployment, resource planning/management, and incident management
- Act as a subject matter expert for Ubuntu Linux and compatible systems
- Coordinate and implement software upgrades, patches, hot fixes on servers and workstations.
- Interact with developers and other teams to understand and communicate needs and operational requirements that impact application development and deployment.
- Maintain security protocols and security practices of the IT department in all systems administered
- Create systems for automated deployment and maintaining our fleet of workstations and servers
- Select, install and configure new and existing development tools
- Proactively monitor system performance and capacity planning.
- Develop, manage and verify backup systems
What makes you a good fit:
- Passion for playing a generalist IT administrator and tech support role
- Strong communication skills and willingness to pitch in as necessary to enable others to do their best work
- Extensive experience with Linux systems administration and management is required
- Experience with configuration management software (Ansible / Puppet / Chef), version control systems (Git, etc.) is required
- Knowledge of best practices and IT operations for always-up, always-available services
- Experience with cloud services (AWS, Azure. etc.) is preferred
- Experience as a Windows and Active Directory administrator is preferred
- Google Workspace Enterprise Administration experience is preferred
- Okta/Universal Directory/SSO/MFA experience preferred
At Skydio we believe that diversity drives innovation. We have created a multi-disciplinary environment that embraces the power of diverse perspectives to create elegant solutions for complex problems. We are committed to growing our network of people, programs, and resources to nurture an inclusive culture.
As such, we do not make hiring or other employment-related decisions on the basis of an applicant or employee’s race, color, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and related medical conditions), pregnancy, gender, gender identity or expression, age, religion, disability status, sexual orientation, marital status, medical condition, generic information or characteristics, veteran, military or family status, or other classifications protected by applicable federal, state or local anti-discrimination laws.
For positions located in the United States of America, our company Skydio, Inc. uses E-Verify to confirm employment eligibility. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit https://www.e-verify.gov/