Skydio is the leading US drone manufacturer and world leader in autonomous flight, the key technology for the future of drones and aerial transportation. The Skydio team combines deep expertise in artificial intelligence, best-in-class hardware and software product development, and operational excellence to empower a broader, more diverse audience of drone users - from action sports enthusiasts to first responders.
This role will be based in the Western U.S.
About the role:
Skydio is looking for a driven, results oriented Solutions Engineer to lead product demonstrations with our SLED customers all across the country. You will be responsible for demonstrating the features of the Skydio product lines to large audiences in various cities around the United States. A successful candidate for this role will love travel and will act as glue between our customers and our products. This role reports to the Director of Solutions Engineering and will work closely with our Scheduling and Sales team to deliver industry leading autonomous solutions to our public safety customers.
How you'll make an impact:
- Prepare and conduct all aspects of system demonstrations including independently setting up tents, tables, and presentation equipment.
- Trouble-shooting the systems and presenting their values to customers and partners.
- Provide subject matter expertise in Skydio technology.
- Support business development by demonstrating the unique and differentiated feature of the Skydio systems.
- Support product roadmap definition and requirements by acting as a SME and “voice of the customer” for our SLED customers.
- General support of go-to-market & business activities as required.
What is required:
- Part 107 Certificate at time of start.
- Ability to travel 80% of the time.
- Ability to lift 60lbs unaided.
What makes you a good fit:
- Willing to travel for extended periods.
- A strong desire to connect with customers in the Public Safety space.
- Bring a strong background UAV systems.
- Self-starter looking to grow in the UAS industry.
- Excellent written communication and presentation skills to audiences of all levels.
- Previous sales and/or marketing experience.
At Skydio we believe that diversity drives innovation. We have created a multi-disciplinary environment that embraces the power of diverse perspectives to create elegant solutions for complex problems. We are committed to growing our network of people, programs, and resources to nurture an inclusive culture.
As such, we do not make hiring or other employment-related decisions on the basis of an applicant or employee’s race, color, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and related medical conditions), pregnancy, gender, gender identity or expression, age, religion, disability status, sexual orientation, marital status, medical condition, generic information or characteristics, veteran, military or family status, or other classifications protected by applicable federal, state or local anti-discrimination laws.
For positions located in the United States of America, our company Skydio, Inc. uses E-Verify to confirm employment eligibility. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit https://www.e-verify.gov/