Skydio is the leading US drone manufacturer and world leader in autonomous flight, the key technology for the future of drones and aerial transportation. The Skydio team combines deep expertise in artificial intelligence, best-in-class hardware and software product development, and operational excellence to empower a broader, more diverse audience of drone users - from action sports enthusiasts to first responders.
About the role: As an Enterprise Account Manager at Skydio, you will be a primary driver of landing and expanding our business into enterprise accounts across many key industries. You will actively qualify accounts and build a strong understanding of potential customers’ businesses to effectively communicate Skydio’s value proposition. You will work closely with our internal business development and marketing teams to hone our target customers and personas. This is a unique opportunity to join a fast-growing sales team and accelerate the growth of Skydio and the commercial UAV industry as a whole.
How you'll make an impact:
- Develop a strategic plan to identify, target, engage, and create opportunities with high propensity accounts.
- Build a pipeline to meet and exceed sales targets with direct accountability on a quarterly and annual basis.
- Develop a deep understanding of your customer’s business, workflows and pain points. Focus on customer satisfaction and develop a proper contact network within accounts.
- Coordinate with Sales Operations and Logistics to ensure customer milestones are met.
- Engage and bring in experts/specialists where required.
- Own forecasting and tracking activity, while keeping management informed in a timely fashion.
- Gather and share competitive intelligence on competitor activity with Marketing.
- Share key customer insights and product needs with Product Management.
- Work with customer success to provide effective demos and/or product training as necessary.
What makes you a good fit:
- Languages: English required. Additional European language a plus (i.e. German, Dutch, Swedish).
- Ability to travel up to 60% of the time.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited university (or equivalent).
- 8+ years of successful enterprise software, hardware, or SaaS sales experience.
- Extensive knowledge and proven track record in territory planning, prospecting, relationship development, pricing, negotiations, and closing.
- Strong technical understanding and ability to simplify complex product offerings and translate them into customer benefits.
- Experience working directly with international customers, colleagues, or otherwise supporting international expansion for one or more hardware and/or software product(s).
- Ability to work directly with customers and sales to help drive renewals and expansion.
- Cross-functional team player with experience collaborating with Product Management, Engineering, Business Development, and Sales Engineering teams.
- Confident, articulate, and professional speaking abilities.
- Familiarity with the MEDDIC sales qualification methodology.
- UAV or end user industry understanding is preferred.
At Skydio we believe that diversity drives innovation. We have created a multi-disciplinary environment that embraces the power of diverse perspectives to create elegant solutions for complex problems. We are committed to growing our network of people, programs, and resources to nurture an inclusive culture.
As such, we do not make hiring or other employment-related decisions on the basis of an applicant or employee’s race, color, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and related medical conditions), pregnancy, gender, gender identity or expression, age, religion, disability status, sexual orientation, marital status, medical condition, generic information or characteristics, veteran, military or family status, or other classifications protected by applicable federal, state or local anti-discrimination laws.