Skydio is the leading US drone manufacturer and world leader in autonomous flight, the key technology for the future of drones and aerial transportation. The Skydio team combines deep expertise in artificial intelligence, best-in-class hardware and software product development, and operational excellence to empower a broader, more diverse audience of drone users - from action sports enthusiasts to first responders.
About the role: As a Marketing Manager, you will be responsible for creating demand for Skydio's emerging focus on large-scale enterprise applications for autonomous drones. This is an enterprise marketing leadership role targeting the largest companies and organizations in specific target industries. You will develop strategy to target prospective buyers, create awareness, generate leads, and nurture accounts to engage with our sales team.You will continually evaluate the latest enterprise marketing strategies and growth technologies, and work on implementing and optimizing these to meet and exceed pipeline and revenue goals. You will own buyer engagement across all Skydio channels, including ABM, email, web site, digital programs, thought leadership, and events.
How you'll make an impact:
- Develop and execute an enterprise multi-channel demand generation and account-based marketing strategy that is aligned with Sales to achieve revenue goals.
- Create programs for all stages of the funnel that includes generating new leads, nurturing them to generate MQLs, creating bottom-funnel programs to convert MQLs to opportunities, providing late-stage opportunity support to help close deals, and developing advocacy programs to achieve high retention.
- Strategize with Sales to continually improve and iterate upon processes to increase engagement.
- Work cross-functionally with Product Marketing, Customer Success, and Sales to create an enterprise marketing strategy that inspires prospects to engage with the Skydio team.
- Own deliverables across the entire marketing funnel, track and optimize performance at each stage in the funnel, and create a predictable and healthy demand engine. Achieve engagement goals with named/targeted accounts.
- Own the marketing technology stack and related operations. Evaluate and recommend new technologies to optimize performance and conversions.
- Employ best practices to achieve growth goals while also experimenting with creative and less-proven strategies.
- Establish shared metrics and analytics with Sales to evaluate Marketing’s contribution to the Sales funnel.
- Create a weekly set of dashboards and reports showcasing KPIs for the executive team. Build ad-hoc reports.
What makes you a good fit:
- Languages: English required. Additional European language a plus (i.e. German, French, Spanish, Italian)
- Ability to travel 50% of the time.
- Bachelor degree required.
- 10+ years of experience in a demand generation or enterprise marketing role for B2B products.
- Track record of success working with a B2B sales team, delivering qualified leads, buyer engagement and pipeline.
- Data-driven with experience developing a KPI framework, optimizing metrics and tracking performance against growth goals.
- Strong understanding of ABM, marketing automation, Salesforce, lead-scoring, segmentation, revenue attribution, influence and ROI.
- Deep expertise in developing enterprise marketing channels such as digital programs, thought leadership, channel partners, website, events, industry partners and more.
- Track record of executing ABM and demand generation strategies in parallel.
- Experience leading marketing operations function is desirable.
- Self-motivated, and persuasive, with a warm and nurturing personality.
- Basic understanding of landing pages, digital marketing and advertising.
- Excellent networking and relationship building skills.
- Superb organization skills and attention to detail.
At Skydio we believe that diversity drives innovation. We have created a multi-disciplinary environment that embraces the power of diverse perspectives to create elegant solutions for complex problems. We are committed to growing our network of people, programs, and resources to nurture an inclusive culture.
As such, we do not make hiring or other employment-related decisions on the basis of an applicant or employee’s race, color, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and related medical conditions), pregnancy, gender, gender identity or expression, age, religion, disability status, sexual orientation, marital status, medical condition, generic information or characteristics, veteran, military or family status, or other classifications protected by applicable federal, state or local anti-discrimination laws.