Skydio is the leading US drone manufacturer and world leader in autonomous flight, the key technology for the future of drones and aerial transportation. The Skydio team combines deep expertise in artificial intelligence, best-in-class hardware and software product development, and operational excellence to empower a broader, more diverse audience of drone users - from action sports enthusiasts to first responders.
About the role:
We are looking for a Manager - Field Marketing & Events with expertise in developing bespoke field events and programs for practitioners and executives, in close alignment with Sales. You have a track record of utilizing data to create, drive, and execute world-class field-marketing programs. You excel in collaborating with internal stakeholders, as well as external partners, vendors, and contractors. You thrive in a fast-paced and entrepreneurial environment, have a passion for working on the cutting edge of marketing, and are excited to make a real impact for the brand.
How you’ll make an impact:
- Develop and lead field marketing programs to drive opportunity generation and pipeline acceleration including: regional trade shows, workshops, roadshows, digital programs, and tailored executive-level events
- Research, recommend and drive targeted marketing programs to help achieve regional objectives
- Own all elements of field programs from start to finish
- Forecast, evaluate, measure and report on marketing campaign effectiveness and ROI
- Develop strategic outbound email campaigns and sales collateral to support field marketing programs
- Work cross-functionally to oversee the timely execution of the field marketing plan
- Build and maintain constant communication with Sales leadership and regional teams both to communicate programs and to collect feedback
- Liaison with the Business Development Team to ensure there is alignment between the field marketing activity and lead follow-up
- Work closely with the Marketing team, especially product marketing, demand gen, and events to leverage corporate marketing assets and resources while contributing unique ideas and in-market feedback
What makes you a good fit:
- 3-5 years of experience in field / event marketing, preferably at a high tech company
- Excellent relationship, partnering, and collaboration skills, and experience working cross-functionally with a sales organization
- Ability to analyze & interpret metrics around field marketing performance and adjust strategy accordingly
- Experience working with sales CRMs and marketing automation systems, specifically Salesforce and Marketo
- Proven track record of supporting successful programs with knowledge of database segmentation and targeting, email execution, lead processes, reporting, and analytics
- Performing well in a fast-paced environment and organizational skills to manage multiple projects with tight deadlines effectively
- Excellent written, verbal communication and analytical skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Business or a technical field preferred
- Willingness to travel up to 50% of the time
At Skydio we believe that diversity drives innovation. We have created a multi-disciplinary environment that embraces the power of diverse perspectives to create elegant solutions for complex problems. We are committed to growing our network of people, programs, and resources to nurture an inclusive culture.
As such, we do not make hiring or other employment-related decisions on the basis of an applicant or employee’s race, color, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and related medical conditions), pregnancy, gender, gender identity or expression, age, religion, disability status, sexual orientation, marital status, medical condition, generic information or characteristics, veteran, military or family status, or other classifications protected by applicable federal, state or local anti-discrimination laws.