Skydio is the leading US drone manufacturer and world leader in autonomous flight, the key technology for the future of drones and aerial transportation. The Skydio team combines deep expertise in artificial intelligence, best-in-class hardware and software product development, and operational excellence to empower a broader, more diverse audience of drone users - from action sports enthusiasts to first responders.
About the role: By combining best-in-class autonomy and cloud connectivity, drones will become critical and ubiquitous infrastructure that can be deployed and monitored in real-time to solve a variety of problems faster, cheaper, and safer than ever before.
As our Product Manager for Wireless, you will play a strategic role at Skydio prioritizing and defining the wireless communication systems for our vehicles, controllers, and docks. In particular, you’ll work closely with Skydio’s Engineering, Sales, Marketing, Customer Success, and Regulatory teams to define and execute Skydio’s roadmap for wireless technologies across the globe.
How you’ll make an impact:
- Identifying and articulating wireless requirements/constraints for drones across major global markets and customer segments within those markets (e.g., consumer/commercial/government), and prioritizing development efforts accordingly
- Driving competitive analysis and crafting performance benchmarks and goals
- Working with engineering to establish a cohesive wireless strategy spanning WiFi and LTE/5G, and bring new wireless solutions to market within the context of Skydio vehicles, controllers, and docks
- Communicating the wireless product capabilities roadmap broadly across Skydio
- Working with engineering to identify and collaborate with wireless partners across hardware, software and services -- e.g., radio modules and telecom service providers
- Collaborating with product and engineering to define future communication architectures beyond point-to-point connectivity -- e.g., mesh networking
- Driving prioritization, definition, and execution of system features & functionality related to wireless communications
- Working with Skydio’s regulatory team globally on wireless standards related to drones, such as upcoming standards for Remote ID
What makes you an good fit:
- 4-6 years product management experience in product and/or application areas that involve developing and/or deploying wireless technologies
- A track record launching compelling and successful products
- A strong technical background in (and industry familiarity with) wireless communications and applications
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Degree in EE, CS, or other technical field of study
- Equally adept at both going deep with the engineering team and explaining a technical roadmap to a non-technical audience
At Skydio we believe that diversity drives innovation. We have created a multi-disciplinary environment that embraces the power of diverse perspectives to create elegant solutions for complex problems. We are committed to growing our network of people, programs, and resources to nurture an inclusive culture.
As such, we do not make hiring or other employment-related decisions on the basis of an applicant or employee’s race, color, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and related medical conditions), pregnancy, gender, gender identity or expression, age, religion, disability status, sexual orientation, marital status, medical condition, generic information or characteristics, veteran, military or family status, or other classifications protected by applicable federal, state or local anti-discrimination laws.