Skydio is the leading US drone manufacturer and world leader in autonomous flight, the key technology for the future of drones and aerial transportation. The Skydio team combines deep expertise in artificial intelligence, best-in-class hardware and software product development, and operational excellence to empower a broader, more diverse audience of drone users - from action sports enthusiasts to first responders.
About the role:
By combining best-in-class autonomy and cloud connected real-time visibility, drones will become critical and ubiquitous infrastructure that can be deployed and monitored in real time to solve a variety of problems faster, cheaper, and safer than ever before. Realizing this future requires a reliable and robust wireless communication network that spans across multiple use cases and capabilities. We’re looking for you, an experienced Wireless Performance lead to join the team, manage and drive the network performance metrics, optimize network parameters and drive conducted and Over-The-Air testing in complex scenarios.
How you'll make an impact:
- You will evaluate, optimize and improve Skydio's wireless solutions, extend the range and manage various connection topologies
- You will lead the deployment and the OTA performance of such a network to meet system level KPI of robustness in extremely congested environments
- You will develop, implement, and validate system level algorithms aimed to improve performance metrics
- You will evaluate, tune, and optimize performance across multiple wireless standards to include WLAN and LTE
- You will evaluate complex network performance that involves multiple drones, ground control stations and users
- You will drive and enhance performance testing infrastructure
What makes you a strong fit:
- Understanding of WLAN protocols and performance metrics
- Strong background in wireless channels and associated impact on system performance
- Experience with WLAN PHY and MAC level Firmware is preferred
- Experience with Mesh, OFDMA and scheduled based network operation
- Experience with wireless test equipment, protocol analyzer, and PHY level test equipment
- Can work in a collaborative environment with multiple teams alongside systems, SW and RF Engineers
- Experience debugging skills in a variety of environments including those close to hardware
At Skydio we believe that diversity drives innovation. We have created a multi-disciplinary environment that embraces the power of diverse perspectives to create elegant solutions for complex problems. We are committed to growing our network of people, programs, and resources to nurture an inclusive culture.
As such, we do not make hiring or other employment-related decisions on the basis of an applicant or employee’s race, color, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and related medical conditions), pregnancy, gender, gender identity or expression, age, religion, disability status, sexual orientation, marital status, medical condition, generic information or characteristics, veteran, military or family status, or other classifications protected by applicable federal, state or local anti-discrimination laws.