Skydio is the leading US drone manufacturer and world leader in autonomous flight, the key technology for the future of drones and aerial transportation. The Skydio team combines deep expertise in artificial intelligence, best-in-class hardware and software product development, and operational excellence to empower a broader, more diverse audience of drone users - from action sports enthusiasts to first responders.
About the role: Skydio builds complex flying robots and through our in-house manufacturing facility, our goal is to ensure we continue to deliver high quality products. We have developed a robust software system that models and tracks the manufacturing process, runs and tracks tests on the line, and ultimately ensures the quality and performance of each and every Skydio product made. This role requires a rigorous approach to validating all new software changes deployed to the manufacturing line. As Skydio’s Manufacturing Test Engineer, you will be responsible for designing and executing test cases for all individual line tests, ensuring the manufacturing software is robust and reliable. This role also includes working with the manufacturing team to address issues and improve overall efficiency of production operations. You will be responsible for growing the validation process to meet the demands of a growing hardware portfolio and customer base.
How you'll make an impact:
- Work with the manufacturing software team to design and implement new features and systems to improve production operations and test coverage
- Improve monitoring, tooling, and logging systems to track issues over time and identify critical fixes and opportunities for improvement
- Continuously identify, measure, and improve test processes
- Develop test scripts to automate and quantify testing, ensuring software performs as expected
- Own the development, execution, and reporting on all manufacturing software testing
- File, track, and follow through with manufacturing issues used to characterize and improve the system
- Ensure that the software used to test and configure devices on the manufacturing line is robust and reliable
- Test new changes to our manufacturing software in representative environments
- Provide real-time support to the production team to diagnose, triage, and debug issues on the manufacturing line
- Design and manage the processes for validating manufacturing software releases and rolling them out with minimal operational impact
- Train production operators in function and maintenance of test infrastructure and test processes
- Maintain complete and accurate documentation for software testing status and progress
What makes you a strong fit:
- Experience with modern manufacturing software systems and quality metrics
- Experience developing manual & automated software/hardware tests
- Ability to extract and analyze data from relational databases using SQL queries
- Familiarity with Linux operating systems
- Experience working with software running on embedded devices
- Experience documenting and delivering actionable analysis following testing
- Demonstrated enthusiasm for things that fly (bonus points for sUAS Pilot's license)
At Skydio we believe that diversity drives innovation. We have created a multi-disciplinary environment that embraces the power of diverse perspectives to create elegant solutions for complex problems. We are committed to growing our network of people, programs, and resources to nurture an inclusive culture.
As such, we do not make hiring or other employment-related decisions on the basis of an applicant or employee’s race, color, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and related medical conditions), pregnancy, gender, gender identity or expression, age, religion, disability status, sexual orientation, marital status, medical condition, generic information or characteristics, veteran, military or family status, or other classifications protected by applicable federal, state or local anti-discrimination laws.