Skydio is the leading US drone manufacturer and world leader in autonomous flight, the key technology for the future of drones and aerial transportation. The Skydio team combines deep expertise in artificial intelligence, best-in-class hardware and software product development, and operational excellence to empower a broader, more diverse audience of drone users - from action sports enthusiasts to first responders.
About the role:
We are looking for a Manager – Federal Programs who will be responsible for all aspects of Federal program execution including customer liaison, cost, performance, scheduling, technical execution, risk management and problem solving. This position will be at the forefront of delivering a revolution of Federal usage of autonomy equipped drones and development of new technology to further enhance our customers capabilities. You will work cross-functionally with Sales, Marketing, Product, Engineering and the broader Customer Success teams to lead your team and Skydio in exceeding the expectations of our federal customers.
How you'll make an impact:
- Establish relationships with Government customers and internal teams to ensure successful execution of contracts and projects.
- Responsible for understanding customer requirements and driving program execution in accordance with the contract, statement of work (SOW), or other requirements documents.
- Communicate with Government representatives regarding problem resolution, task scheduling, configuration management, training and task clarification.
- Participate in program reviews, technical interchange meetings/reviews, engineering change reviews and system engineering team meetings.
- Inform Skydio business and program leaders regarding contract management risks and opportunities, ensuring a coordinated and comprehensive approach to service delivery across the program
- Comply with Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR), FAR supplements and other Government contracting regulations.
- Support pursuit and capture activities, including strategy development, customer contact and influence, proposal development, and negotiation.
- Program management, execution planning and technical leadership over Skydio’s Government R&D NRE projects.
What makes you a good fit:
- Active Secret or Top-Secret Security Clearance or ability to obtain.
- U.S. Citizenship.
- Ability to travel as necessary.
Experience & Knowledge
- 5-8 years experience with a Bachelor’s degree; or at least 3 years experience with a Master’s degree, or equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
- Technical or Engineering degree, preferred.
- Experience applying advanced Project Management concepts and tools alongside interfacing directly with Federal customers.
- Prior initiative implementing new technology for internal/external customers and collaborating with technical teams to deliver on schedule.
- Experience managing services contracts and/or projects within the Department of Defense or other Federal Customers.
- Experience with Unmanned Aircraft Systems and system related software.
- Program Management experience including: Technology Assessments, Systems Design, Systems Analysis, Programmatic Support, Acquisition Planning, and Budget Planning.
- Understanding of firm fixed price, indefinite demand indefinite delivery contracts and Other Transaction Authority Agreements
- Knowledge of geospatially-oriented data collection, geospatial intelligence analysis, and geospatial databases.
- Understanding of the DoD acquisition process, the FAR, and DFAR.
Skills & Abilities
- Ability to develop and manage projects in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
- Ability to address complex procurement-related matters and recommend solutions to acquisition challenges.
- Expert communication and presentation skills to audiences of all levels.
- Self-starter with a high degree of ownership and accountability.
At Skydio we believe that diversity drives innovation. We have created a multi-disciplinary environment that embraces the power of diverse perspectives to create elegant solutions for complex problems. We are committed to growing our network of people, programs, and resources to nurture an inclusive culture.
As such, we do not make hiring or other employment-related decisions on the basis of an applicant or employee’s race, color, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and related medical conditions), pregnancy, gender, gender identity or expression, age, religion, disability status, sexual orientation, marital status, medical condition, generic information or characteristics, veteran, military or family status, or other classifications protected by applicable federal, state or local anti-discrimination laws.