Skydio is the leading US drone manufacturer and world leader in autonomous flight, the key technology for the future of drones and aerial transportation. The Skydio team combines deep expertise in artificial intelligence, best-in-class hardware and software product development, and operational excellence to empower a broader, more diverse audience of drone users - from action sports enthusiasts to first responders.
About the role:
We are seeking a talented multi-disciplinary engineer to define, implement, and continuously improve manufacturing test processes. In this role, your contributions will ensure that products are defect free, exceed quality requirements, and function reliably for our customers.
How you'll make an impact:
- Collaborate with product development, quality, manufacturing, and software teams to define manufacturing test plan and product test specifications
- Work with design team to identify and incorporate design for test optimizations into product design
- Design, implement, and validate automated functional test equipment (ATE)
- Work with manufacturing engineering and software infrastructure teams to integrate ATE into manufacturing process and test framework
- Proactively identify test related issues throughout product build cycles and drive for timely resolution
- Develop dashboards to visualization and communicate key metrics
What makes you a good fit:
- 5+ years of experience working with test automation in consumer or industrial electronics
- Ability to prioritize tasks against development schedule to maximize effectiveness
- Strong electromechanical experience in designing automated test equipment
- Enthusiasm for hands-on development of creative solutions to complex problems
- Excellent problem-solving, organizational, communication, and cross-functional teamwork skills
- Ability to analyze data to show process capability and equipment reliability (JMP/MiniTab)
- Ability to conduct detailed root cause / failure analysis for manufacturing test and equipment issues
- Expert in communication interface protocols (UART, USB)
- Strong CAD (Skydio uses CATIA) and mechanical fabrication skills
- Electrical design and PCB layout to interface with DUT
- Familiarity/Proficiency with Python, SQL
At Skydio we believe that diversity drives innovation. We have created a multi-disciplinary environment that embraces the power of diverse perspectives to create elegant solutions for complex problems. We are committed to growing our network of people, programs, and resources to nurture an inclusive culture.
As such, we do not make hiring or other employment-related decisions on the basis of an applicant or employee’s race, color, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and related medical conditions), pregnancy, gender, gender identity or expression, age, religion, disability status, sexual orientation, marital status, medical condition, generic information or characteristics, veteran, military or family status, or other classifications protected by applicable federal, state or local anti-discrimination laws.