Skydio is the leading US drone manufacturer and world leader in autonomous flight, the key technology for the future of drones and aerial transportation. The Skydio team combines deep expertise in artificial intelligence, best-in-class hardware and software product development, and operational excellence to empower a broader, more diverse audience of drone users - from action sports enthusiasts to first responders.
About the role:
You will develop and execute global reverse logistics strategies for increasing scale for Skydio’s hardware product lines. You will build and lead global scalable processes to deliver first class repair, warranty exchange, and maintenance activities for our consumer, enterprise and government customer segments. You will bring experience and expertise in logistics systems to automate and increase velocity.
How you'll make an impact:
- Develop and implement scalable repair, exchange, and preventative maintenance solutions to support a rapidly expanding global customer base
- Identify strong partnerships with third parties to enable innovative and cost effective post-sales solutions
- Develop reverse logistics requirements forecast for staffing and component availability
- Escalate recurring root cause issues to engineering, manufacturing, or supplier quality to reduce returns
- Develop a strong understanding of the reverse supply chain services landscape in order to gauge emerging service options and to recommend new programs
- Drive metrics, scorecards, and regular business reviews internally and with 3rd party service partners
- Model business cases for optimal reverse supply chain considering variables such as sales forecasts, return rates, geographies, BOM cost, and disposition
What makes you a good fit:
- Practical knowledge and experience in supply chain with expertise in reverse logistics
- Strong cross functional collaboration. This role will interface with multiple internal functions including but not limited to Supply Chain, Manufacturing, Customer Success, Finance, and Legal
- Ability to project manage and scale operations for a rapidly growing customer base
- Strength in directing logistics programs and strong negotiating skills
- Ability to prepare and present quantitative and qualitative comparative analysis of decisions
At Skydio we believe that diversity drives innovation. We have created a multi-disciplinary environment that embraces the power of diverse perspectives to create elegant solutions for complex problems. We are committed to growing our network of people, programs, and resources to nurture an inclusive culture.
As such, we do not make hiring or other employment-related decisions on the basis of an applicant or employee’s race, color, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and related medical conditions), pregnancy, gender, gender identity or expression, age, religion, disability status, sexual orientation, marital status, medical condition, generic information or characteristics, veteran, military or family status, or other classifications protected by applicable federal, state or local anti-discrimination laws.