Skydio is the leading US drone manufacturer and world leader in autonomous flight, the key technology for the future of drones and aerial transportation. The Skydio team combines deep expertise in artificial intelligence, best-in-class hardware and software product development, and operational excellence to empower a broader, more diverse audience of drone users - from action sports enthusiasts to first responders.
About the role:
Skydio, the industry leader in autonomous flight, is looking for an Engineering Project Management Intern to support new product development and sustaining production activities on Skydio’s Hardware Engineering team. In this role, you will be a key cross-functional team member within the hardware organization, working closely with Engineering, Operations, Supply Chain, and external suppliers, to keep development and production programs on track.
In this internship opportunity, you will be offered mentorship to integrate with the Skydio hardware development teams and have high-impact ownership of key projects in various phases of the Skydio Product Design Process cycle. We are seeking top-performing individuals who seek to grow both technically, professionally, and personally through hands-on involvement in a fast-paced, impactful environment in this internship role.
How you'll make an impact:
- Coordinate cross-functional engineering efforts to validate running changes and post-ramp qualification activities for Skydio products in ongoing production (Skydio 2, Skydio X2, Skydio Enterprise Controller).
- Ownership of early-phase new product development for new Skydio modules and/or subsystems, including creation of related schedules, coordination of engineering design planning and execution, and technical resolution of issues as they arise
- Integration with Skydio manufacturing team and external suppliers as a voice of the hardware engineering development team, to coordinate issues, be hands-on with product fabrication and assembly, drive critical communication, and reporting key status updates to Skydio leadership.
- Utilization of cross-functional development tools, systems, and processes (including but not limited to creation of Bills of Materials, Engineering Change Orders, OK2Fab for PCBA development, Clear-to-Build material tracking, and JIRA/Notion Issue organization and resolution) in order to provide leadership and effective execution on highly technical projects.
What makes you a strong fit:
- Working towards completion of a degree in technical Engineering (Mechanical/Electrical/Firmware), Engineering Management, Product Management, or a similar related field
- Past internship or co-op experience with a company that ships hardware products is preferred
- Exceptional communication skills and natural ability to motivate/drive cross-functional internal teams and external vendors/partners towards a common goal
- Highly analytical with the ability to organize and distill data as a key driver of rigorous product development decisions
- Ability to remain flexible, calm, and creative in the face of uncertainty
At Skydio we believe that diversity drives innovation. We have created a multi-disciplinary environment that embraces the power of diverse perspectives to create elegant solutions for complex problems. We are committed to growing our network of people, programs, and resources to nurture an inclusive culture.
As such, we do not make hiring or other employment-related decisions on the basis of an applicant or employee’s race, color, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and related medical conditions), pregnancy, gender, gender identity or expression, age, religion, disability status, sexual orientation, marital status, medical condition, generic information or characteristics, veteran, military or family status, or other classifications protected by applicable federal, state or local anti-discrimination laws.