Skydio is the leading US drone manufacturer and world leader in autonomous flight, the key technology for the future of drones and aerial transportation. The Skydio team combines deep expertise in artificial intelligence, best-in-class hardware and software product development, and operational excellence to empower a broader, more diverse audience of drone users - from action sports enthusiasts to first responders.
About the role:
We’re looking for an Engineering Program Manager to embed within the hardware team, helping to help design, develop, and refine custom, integrated solutions that enable our revolutionary autonomous flight technology.
How you'll make an impact:
- Ensure product requirements are clearly defined and well-understood across multidisciplinary engineering teams and project groups (firmware, electrical, mechanical)
- Work with engineering management and internal teams to define plans, prioritize engineering efforts, and generally ensure that all aspects critical to the product development cycle are met, including but not limited to: build readiness, testing set-ups and execution, key supplier kick-off and progress, major technical issues, etc.
- Keep all various engineering (and non-engineering) teams in sync and moving forward towards major company-wide milestones
- Throughout the development cycle, track progress, communicate, and escalate issues as appropriate
What makes you a strong fit:
- Demonstrable excellence in managing firmware/software or hardware development programs for consumer electronics, automotive, or robotic systems
- Proven track record designing, developing, and manufacturing electromechanical systems at consumer scale
- Exceptional communication skills and natural ability to motivate/drive cross-functional internal teams and external vendors/partners towards a common goal
- Highly analytical with the ability to organize and distill data as a key driver of rigorous product development decisions
- You will be interfacing with highly technical teams, so an engineering degree or comparable work experience is required
- Ability to remain flexible, calm, and creative in the face of uncertainty
At Skydio we believe that diversity drives innovation. We have created a multi-disciplinary environment that embraces the power of diverse perspectives to create elegant solutions for complex problems. We are committed to growing our network of people, programs, and resources to nurture an inclusive culture.
As such, we do not make hiring or other employment-related decisions on the basis of an applicant or employee’s race, color, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and related medical conditions), pregnancy, gender, gender identity or expression, age, religion, disability status, sexual orientation, marital status, medical condition, genetic information or characteristics, veteran, military or family status, or other classifications protected by applicable federal, state or local anti-discrimination laws.
For positions located in the United States of America, our company Skydio, Inc. uses E-Verify to confirm employment eligibility. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit https://www.e-verify.gov/