Skydio is the leading US drone manufacturer and world leader in autonomous flight, the key technology for the future of drones and aerial transportation. The Skydio team combines deep expertise in artificial intelligence, best-in-class hardware and software product development, and operational excellence to empower a broader, more diverse audience of drone users - from action sports enthusiasts to first responders.
About the role:
With your strong experience of PCB design, you will work alongside a world-class electrical engineering team designing a variety of PCBs for our industry-leading autonomous products. Your skills will compliment our PCB layout engineering team and push the future of design at Skydio. You’ll work with a variety of PCB technologies such as HDI, flex, and rigid flex, to integrate designs with mixed signal, high speed digital, and RF. You’ll interface with external vendors and other teams within Skydio to develop highly reliable, high performance, and cost-effective PCBAs that enable unmatched aerial autonomy.
How you'll make an impact:
- Create detailed layouts for flex, rigid flex and rigid PCBs
- Assist/drive PCB outlines, layer setup, component placement and signal routing
- Develop CAD footprints and electrical library symbols
- Interface with PCB fabrication vendors, stackups, DFM issues and impedance control, as well as understand DFM and DFT rulesets
- Responsible for the creation and accuracy of the final design packages, including fabrication & assembly drawings, PCB step models, gerbers files, plus other files
- Work closely with the mechanical engineering team to achieve design goals within demanding constraints
What makes you a good fit:
- Experience with Cadence Allegro & OrCAD v17.2 design tools
- Proficient with high-speed board designs or layouts; familiar with high-density ball-grid arrays
- Familiarity with all phases of hardware development including but not limited too: schematic entry, manually generated constraints, requirements of the constraints and board layout
- Strong communication, organization, and written skills
- Previous experience designing PCBs specifically for high volume products
At Skydio we believe that diversity drives innovation. We have created a multi-disciplinary environment that embraces the power of diverse perspectives to create elegant solutions for complex problems. We are committed to growing our network of people, programs, and resources to nurture an inclusive culture.
As such, we do not make hiring or other employment-related decisions on the basis of an applicant or employee’s race, color, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and related medical conditions), pregnancy, gender, gender identity or expression, age, religion, disability status, sexual orientation, marital status, medical condition, genetic information or characteristics, veteran, military or family status, or other classifications protected by applicable federal, state or local anti-discrimination laws.
For positions located in the United States of America, our company Skydio, Inc. uses E-Verify to confirm employment eligibility. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit https://www.e-verify.gov/