Skydio is the leading US drone manufacturer and world leader in autonomous flight, the key technology for the future of drones and aerial transportation. The Skydio team combines deep expertise in artificial intelligence, best-in-class hardware and software product development, and operational excellence to empower a broader, more diverse audience of drone users - from action sports enthusiasts to first responders.
About the team:
The Customer Success team is a growing international team that provides the broader organization and our customers with enablement services to ensure that our customers can get the most value out of their UAS. Educational materials make up a large part of those enablement services. The Technical Writer will work within Customer Success, reporting to the Training Content Manager, to create educational and Technical material such as user guides, quick start guides, and help articles.
About the role:
Skydio is looking for a highly-motivated Technical Writer to manage and create various external-facing technical and educational documentation. Technical documents could include user guides, quick start guides, and help articles—all of which are critical to ensure a customer’s successful experience with our products. By writing clear, concise and relevant documentation, Skydio’s Technical Writer will aim to reduce customer contacts by empowering our customers with the knowledge they need to fly their Skydio UAS with confidence.
How you’ll make an impact:
- Develop, write, review and edit end-user technical documentation (user guides, quick start guides, and help articles) for existing and upcoming products.
- Convey complex technical material in a concise and effective manner.
- Maintain a consistent voice across all documentation that aligns with Skydio’s brand.
- Work closely with internal teams (product management, product marketing, flight testing, engineering, and training) to become an expert on Skydio’s products.
- Develop a style guide to be used for all end-user technical documentation.
- Assist the Skydio Training team by reviewing and writing copy for training material as-needed.
What makes you a good fit:
- Technical writing experience (software and/or hardware) with knowledge of relevant content development tools.
- Bachelor’s degree in English or similar area of study, certificate in Technical Writing, or equivalent professional experience.
- Strong attention to detail, strong personal organization, collaboration, and time management skills.
- Ability to understand complex technical concepts and distill them into concise and easy to understand formats.
- Strong research skills including gathering and analyzing data from multiple sources.
- Ability to effectively communicate remotely with team members.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and challenging work environment with tight deadlines.
- Background in UAS, aviation or robotics a plus.
- Experience working on educational material (outside of user guides) a plus.
- Writing samples are required.
At Skydio we believe that diversity drives innovation. We have created a multi-disciplinary environment that embraces the power of diverse perspectives to create elegant solutions for complex problems. We are committed to growing our network of people, programs, and resources to nurture an inclusive culture.
As such, we do not make hiring or other employment-related decisions on the basis of an applicant or employee’s race, color, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and related medical conditions), pregnancy, gender, gender identity or expression, age, religion, disability status, sexual orientation, marital status, medical condition, generic information or characteristics, veteran, military or family status, or other classifications protected by applicable federal, state or local anti-discrimination laws.