Skydio is the leading US drone manufacturer and world leader in autonomous flight, the key technology for the future of drones and aerial transportation. The Skydio team combines deep expertise in artificial intelligence, best-in-class hardware and software product development, and operational excellence to empower a broader, more diverse audience of drone users - from action sports enthusiasts to first responders.
About the role:
We are seeking a Senior Manager - Events who is a passionate and data-driven Marketer with expertise in event execution for both large-scale trade shows, and bespoke field events. You have a track record of creating, delivering, and executing world-class events from conception to completion. You excel in forging relationships with internal stakeholders, including Sales teams, as well as external partners, vendors, and contractors. You thrive in a fast-paced and entrepreneurial environment, have a hunger for being on the cutting edge of marketing, and are excited to make a real impact for the brand.
How you'll make an impact:
- As the first events hire, you will own all event types including: virtual events, industry trade shows, small bespoke field activities and regional flight demonstrations
- Help build out the processes and structure for the event organizations to ensure scalability and measurable success
- Develop detailed project execution plans for sponsored trade shows, hosted corporate events such as roadshows and field marketing events
- Manage all event processes including: project timelines, budgets, scope and definition, resource allocation, progress tracking, creative bill of materials, and on-time delivery within budget constraints
- Act as a partner to the sales organization and liaison between the field and corporate marketing
- Work hand in hand with product marketing, design & brand, sales and others to align on goals and project activities
- Develop and manage program budgets, reconciliation, and event income and expenses
- Perform post-event analysis and provide analytics and briefs to leadership on event KPIs
What makes you a good fit:
- 5-7 years of experience in event management/field marketing, preferably at a high-tech company
- A self-starter with excellent skills in project management, time management, organization, and keeping track of details
- Experience marketing to public sector audience preferred
- Experience using Salesforce strongly preferred
- Ability to manage multiple projects at once and prioritize tasks
- Effective interpersonal skills and the ability to work collaboratively with internal stakeholders and external partners, vendors, and contractors
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to perform in a fast-paced environment with organizational skills to manage multiple projects with tight deadlines and budgets effectively
- Willingness to travel up to 25% of the time
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Business or a technical field preferred
At Skydio we believe that diversity drives innovation. We have created a multi-disciplinary environment that embraces the power of diverse perspectives to create elegant solutions for complex problems. We are committed to growing our network of people, programs, and resources to nurture an inclusive culture.
As such, we do not make hiring or other employment-related decisions on the basis of an applicant or employee’s race, color, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and related medical conditions), pregnancy, gender, gender identity or expression, age, religion, disability status, sexual orientation, marital status, medical condition, generic information or characteristics, veteran, military or family status, or other classifications protected by applicable federal, state or local anti-discrimination laws.