Skydio is the leading US drone manufacturer and world leader in autonomous flight, the key technology for the future of drones and aerial transportation. The Skydio team combines deep expertise in artificial intelligence, best-in-class hardware and software product development, and operational excellence to empower a broader, more diverse audience of drone users - from action sports enthusiasts to first responders.
About the Team:
Skydio’s Marketing Design Team is a full-service in-house agency responsible for telling the Skydio story through end-to-end video production, product photography and copywriting, instructional webinars and training, print and digital design, live events and field demos, social media, and most importantly - our online experience, Skydio.com, and storefront shop.skydio.com
About the role:
We are looking for an experienced Web Developer to build, maintain, and expand Skydio.com, its storefront, and future marketing sites.
How you’ll make an impact:
- Principal developer and architect of Skydio.com and the Skydio storefront.
- Work with the Head of Marketing Design, Designers and other Developers to create new content modules, pages, and evaluate and update existing pages and designs.
- Become a core contributor to Skydio’s brand, design and marketing team through the lens of our website.
What makes you a good fit:
- Demonstrable portfolio of high quality, responsive websites and pages for consumer or high-end enterprise focused audiences.
- Deep understanding of modular content management systems and their implementation.
- Passion for creating clean, responsive design that works across both desktop and mobile.
- Experience working with designers, product marketing managers and creative directors directly.
- Experienced in designing and implementing application architectures and code that are highly scalable, available, maintainable, and performant.
- E-commerce experience with Shopify.
- Ability to diagnose and address cross-browser compatibility issues.
- Ability to accurately scope, estimate, and prioritize work.
- Forethought to build components rather than pages; look for efficiencies and re-use of code.
- Experience with online QA testing tools.
- Solid understanding of web design principles, layout, typography and information architecture.
- Liquid (Shopify)
- Google Docs
At Skydio we believe that diversity drives innovation. We have created a multi-disciplinary environment that embraces the power of diverse perspectives to create elegant solutions for complex problems. We are committed to growing our network of people, programs, and resources to nurture an inclusive culture.
As such, we do not make hiring or other employment-related decisions on the basis of an applicant or employee’s race, color, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and related medical conditions), pregnancy, gender, gender identity or expression, age, religion, disability status, sexual orientation, marital status, medical condition, generic information or characteristics, veteran, military or family status, or other classifications protected by applicable federal, state or local anti-discrimination laws.