Skydio is the leading US drone manufacturer and world leader in autonomous flight, the key technology for the future of drones and aerial transportation. The Skydio team combines deep expertise in artificial intelligence, best-in-class hardware and software product development, and operational excellence to empower a broader, more diverse audience of drone users - from action sports enthusiasts to first responders.
About the role:
By combining best-in-class autonomy and cloud connectivity, drones will become critical and ubiquitous infrastructure that can be deployed and monitored in real-time to solve a variety of problems faster, cheaper, and safer than ever before. As a Product Manager, you will take responsibility for defining and prioritizing key subsets of Skydio’s core functionality across both user-facing software features as well as underlying system capabilities including autonomy, cameras, and wireless communications. You’ll ensure that we are building the right products and features for our entire range of customers.
What you can expect in this role:
- Engage with customers, prospects, and internal stakeholders to understand core business problems and develop customer personas and use case requirements.
- Continually develop and refine the roadmap for Skydio’s mobile applications and vehicle capabilities
- Capture, document, and distill feedback from customers and prospects to continually steer product development.
- Work closely with designers and engineering teams spanning hardware, firmware, computer vision, AI, and machine learning to execute on our product vision and deliver a first-class user experience, while also pushing the envelope on new technology opportunities in the product space.
- Collaborate closely with sales and customer success to build and maintain close customer relationships and ensure success.
- Partner with product marketing to develop launch plans and product positioning and messaging.
What would make you a strong fit:
- Three to seven years of proven success in defining and delivering market-leading software products, including specific experience leading development of compelling user-facing software for complex, electronic hardware products. Drone experience is a plus but not required.
- Engineering or other technical educational background that makes you at home in deep discussions with engineers on complex technical architectures challenges and tradeoffs.
- An advanced degree or an MBA would be a plus, but is not required.
- Detail-oriented with exceptional written and oral communication skills.
- Dedicated team player who strives to enable others to do their best work.
- A passion for speaking with -- and learning from -- customers
At Skydio we believe that diversity drives innovation. We have created a multi-disciplinary environment that embraces the power of diverse perspectives to create elegant solutions for complex problems. We are committed to growing our network of people, programs, and resources to nurture an inclusive culture.
As such, we do not make hiring or other employment-related decisions on the basis of an applicant or employee’s race, color, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and related medical conditions), pregnancy, gender, gender identity or expression, age, religion, disability status, sexual orientation, marital status, medical condition, generic information or characteristics, veteran, military or family status, or other classifications protected by applicable federal, state or local anti-discrimination laws.
For positions located in the United States of America, our company Skydio, Inc. uses E-Verify to confirm employment eligibility. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit https://www.e-verify.gov/