Skydio is the leading US drone manufacturer and world leader in autonomous flight, the key technology for the future of drones and aerial transportation. The Skydio team combines deep expertise in artificial intelligence, best-in-class hardware and software product development, and operational excellence to empower a broader, more diverse audience of drone users - from action sports enthusiasts to first responders.
About the role:
Skydio, Inc. is currently seeking an experienced and highly-motivated Commercial Counsel to join its legal team. The Commercial Counsel will be supporting our sales and business development teams and will be responsible for drafting and negotiating a wide range of commercial agreements in the US and internationally. This is a unique opportunity to join a small and dynamic legal team and support strategic commercial initiatives at Skydio during a time of significant growth.
This role can be in a remote location.
How you'll make an impact:
- Review, draft, and negotiate a wide range of complex commercial agreements, including enterprise sales agreements, SaaS, partnership agreements, vendor, supply chain agreements, master services agreement, NDAs and other agreements affecting Skydio's products and services
- Negotiate complex hardware development, supply, contract manufacturing, logistics and technology licensing transactions; and handle issues relating to manufacturing, product quality, supplier disputes, legal issues and company policies and procedures
- Maintain and refine templates to streamline business processes and business strategy
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including Sales, Business Development, Marketing and Finance
- Work with business applications to manage the contract process, including execution and storing of contracts
- Interact with all facets of the company and perform additional projects and legal-related work as needed
What makes you a strong fit:
- A Juris Doctor (JD) degree and active membership in at least one state bar
- A minimum of 5+ years of complex negotiation of commercial agreements in a law firm and/or in-house legal department; experience working in a start-up environment is a plus
- Government contracting experience is a plus
- Excellent negotiations and drafting skills
- Great attention to detail and follow-through, extremely organized with strong sense of priority, urgency and commitment to deadlines
- Team player, willing to do what is necessary to get the job done
- Ability to be a self-starter, able to handle, organize and deliver on a variety of responsibilities
At Skydio we believe that diversity drives innovation. We have created a multi-disciplinary environment that embraces the power of diverse perspectives to create elegant solutions for complex problems. We are committed to growing our network of people, programs, and resources to nurture an inclusive culture.
As such, we do not make hiring or other employment-related decisions on the basis of an applicant or employee’s race, color, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and related medical conditions), pregnancy, gender, gender identity or expression, age, religion, disability status, sexual orientation, marital status, medical condition, generic information or characteristics, veteran, military or family status, or other classifications protected by applicable federal, state or local anti-discrimination laws.