Skydio is the leading US drone manufacturer and world leader in autonomous flight, the key technology for the future of drones and aerial transportation. The Skydio team combines deep expertise in artificial intelligence, best-in-class hardware and software product development, and operational excellence to empower a broader, more diverse audience of drone users - from action sports enthusiasts to first responders.
About the team:
As a representative and subsidiary of Skydio USA, the Skydio GK Japan team provides best-in-class sales, service and support to our growing customer base in Japan and APAC.
About the role:
Skydio Japan is looking for a Principal Support Specialist to support our partners in Japan/APAC. This person will act as the main technical support contact for our growing customer base in Japan/APAC.
How you’ll make an impact:
- Be the conduit between Skydio Japan and our Japan/APAC customers. Be able to answer any support questions our customers may have in a timely manner.
- Manage any technical escalations into Skydio internal U.S. teams.
- Manage Japan customer expectations via weekly meetings and feedback to the U.S. customer support and customer success teams.
- Know Skydio products inside and out, and proactively seek clarity on areas of confusion that are of interest to our Japanese customers.
- Develop rock-solid triage and resolution techniques so that you can answer real time support questions rather than waiting for answers from corporate.
- Work closely with internal teams to become an expert on Skydio’s products, processes, specifications, and product roadmap.
- Work with our customer base to build support processes that are relevant to the Japan market.
- Work directly with product teams to communicate common break/fix points and prioritize and understand development timelines.
- Bridge any gaps between the data and learnings coming from our support and engineering teams and apply to the Japan market.
- Be flexible: As the Japan team is growing, willing and enthusiastic to work on multiple projects, both tactical and strategic as needed.
What would make you a strong fit:
- Willing to work a flexible schedule and hours to meet the needs of our Japan/APAC customers while communicating with the U.S. teams
- You have experience working cross-functionally across engineering, ops, and GTM teams
- You are adept at technical troubleshooting, problem-solving, and are familiar with triage and escalation workflows.
- You’re an assertive self-starter with excellent interpersonal and written communication skills.
- You have 3-5 years of customer support experience (previous experience in an enterprise capacity is preferred).
- You have 3-5 years of engineering, SME, or technical account management experience (previous experience in an enterprise capacity is preferred).
- Some experience in Linux operating systems is preferred
- A born troubleshooter with a passion for the potential of drone technology and a strong desire to learn new skills and grow with Skydio.
- Native Japanese speaker
At Skydio we believe that diversity drives innovation. We have created a multi-disciplinary environment that embraces the power of diverse perspectives to create elegant solutions for complex problems. We are committed to growing our network of people, programs, and resources to nurture an inclusive culture.
As such, we do not make hiring or other employment-related decisions on the basis of an applicant or employee’s race, color, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and related medical conditions), pregnancy, gender, gender identity or expression, age, religion, disability status, sexual orientation, marital status, medical condition, generic information or characteristics, veteran, military or family status, or other classifications protected by applicable federal, state or local anti-discrimination laws.