Skydio is the leading US drone manufacturer and world leader in autonomous flight, the key technology for the future of drones and aerial transportation. The Skydio team combines deep expertise in artificial intelligence, best-in-class hardware and software product development, and operational excellence to empower a broader, more diverse audience of drone users - from action sports enthusiasts to first responders.
About the role:
Drones are still a nascent technology; autonomy unlocks a bigger and brighter future for the industry. We are looking for a skilled communications professional to direct our communication efforts globally. This high-profile role is accountable for the development and activation of our media and direct strategy to tell our company story and introduce our company narrative in a cohesive way. This will be a key role within the Marketing team, working closely with Product and Policy teams as well as senior leadership to support business critical initiatives. This position reports to our Chief Marketing Officer.
How you’ll make an impact:
- Drive the communications and PR strategy to support Skydio's mission, brand, and products
- Execute on a broad range of public relations activities that supports our strategic direction and positioning
- Embody Skydio’s company values and ensure they’re being reflected in all of our communications
- Lead our communications strategy by collaborating across teams with internal stakeholders to mine unique, relevant story ideas and bring them to life through earned media coverage
- Build a content engine to continuously deliver high-value thought leadership content and drive general awareness, build our profile among the press, support our employment branding, and provide our enterprise teams with quality leads
- Secure key profile media opportunities for C-suite
- Optimize and advance the strategy and voice for all executive communications, including speaking engagements, media interviews, presentations, and internal communications
What would make you a good fit:
Required Experience And Skills
- Accomplished corporate communications professional with a minimum of 8 years of experience in corporate communications, media relations, public relations agency or related field(s). Background in executive communication preferred
- Experience in global media relations and development of editorial content with a track record of working successfully and building relationships with media and other key external constituents, even during crisis
- Experience with media and message training of executives at various skill levels
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills, and a passion for storytelling
- Extensive background developing and driving successful corporate reputation and thought leadership initiatives
- Exceptional interpersonal communications skills
- Strong presentation and facilitation skills; ability to persuade a wide variety of audiences
- Bachelors of Arts/Science required; MBA or Master’s preferred
Preferred Experience And Skills
- Exposure to and ability to understand relevant technologies: AI, robotics, aerospace, autonomous vehicles, including regulatory environments and pricing
- Proficiency with web-based, digital communications and internal/external social media tools preferred
- Highly developed analytical and problem-solving skills with strong ability to develop new, innovative ways to drive communications in a rapidly changing environment
- First-hand experience operating within a matrixed, global environment
At Skydio we believe that diversity drives innovation. We have created a multi-disciplinary environment that embraces the power of diverse perspectives to create elegant solutions for complex problems. We are committed to growing our network of people, programs, and resources to nurture an inclusive culture.
As such, we do not make hiring or other employment-related decisions on the basis of an applicant or employee’s race, color, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and related medical conditions), pregnancy, gender, gender identity or expression, age, religion, disability status, sexual orientation, marital status, medical condition, generic information or characteristics, veteran, military or family status, or other classifications protected by applicable federal, state or local anti-discrimination laws.