Skydio is the leading US drone manufacturer and world leader in autonomous flight, the key technology for the future of drones and aerial transportation. The Skydio team combines deep expertise in artificial intelligence, best-in-class hardware and software product development, and operational excellence to empower a broader, more diverse audience of drone users - from action sports enthusiasts to first responders.
About the role:
Skydio is in a period of rapid growth and the People Operations team is foundational to our continued success as we scale. We are looking for an expert in change management, organizational development, and someone with the skillset to help drive development of Skydio’s HR function through international expansion and scale.
You are a self-motivated, detail-oriented human resources aficionado eager to join our small but mighty People team. You will execute a full spectrum of HR deliverables that align with the businesses’ strategic goals and will work cross functionally with teams across the organization.
How you'll make an impact:
- Manage HR related programs including but not limited to healthcare, 401k, FMLA and Paid Leave, time-off policies, open enrollment, and EHS.
- Ensure compliance with applicable labor and employment laws and regulations such as completing state and federal compliance reporting (EEO-1, etc), managing the Employee Handbook, Code of Conduct, and other compliance initiatives as needed.
- Provide HR guidance to Skydio employees on HR related policy and procedures from orientation to beyond.
- Advise and recommend resolution for work related conflicts.
- Develop and manage thoughtful HR policies and practices that fairly balance the interests of all team members and are consistent with the culture of the company.
- Assist with immigration and relocation cases.
- Oversee the administration of an effective Human Resources Information System and other record keeping systems to ensure compliance with legal requirements and access to information required for making data driven management decisions.
- Diagnose and improve the performance of the organization, utilizing tools to measure organization effectiveness, as well as your own informal awareness of the pulse of the organization.
What makes you a good fit:
- 8+ years of relevant HR or equivalent experience with in a high growth environment
- Global HR experience
- Working knowledge of employment laws (EEO, AA, FMLA, ADA, unemployment, and worker's comp)
- Familiarity with HR tools and systems - we currently use Zenefits, Gusto, Lattice and Notion
- Experience with immigration processing
- SPHR, PHR, SCP, CP certifications are a plus
- Compassionate with high EQ
- Efficient, thoughtful, and personable with advanced written and verbal communication skills
- Proactive and detail-oriented with proven administrative and organizational skills
- Ability to multitask and effectively prioritize and work in a dynamic, demanding environment
- Ability to function well in ambiguous situations and unstructured environments, recognizing when it is appropriate to introduce more structure and process without derailing the current output
- Experience coaching, influencing, problem solving, and facilitating
At Skydio we believe that diversity drives innovation. We have created a multi-disciplinary environment that embraces the power of diverse perspectives to create elegant solutions for complex problems. We are committed to growing our network of people, programs, and resources to nurture an inclusive culture.
As such, we do not make hiring or other employment-related decisions on the basis of an applicant or employee’s race, color, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and related medical conditions), pregnancy, gender, gender identity or expression, age, religion, disability status, sexual orientation, marital status, medical condition, generic information or characteristics, veteran, military or family status, or other classifications protected by applicable federal, state or local anti-discrimination laws.