Skydio is the leading US drone manufacturer and world leader in autonomous flight, the key technology for the future of drones and aerial transportation. The Skydio team combines deep expertise in artificial intelligence, best-in-class hardware and software product development, and operational excellence to empower a broader, more diverse audience of drone users - from action sports enthusiasts to first responders.
About the role:
Truly autonomous drones are a new product category that demand a new kind of control experience. We are crafting novel drone interfaces that make clever use of Skydio flight autonomy to enable users to spend less time flying and more time doing - from cinematic capture of outdoor adventures to automated 3d reconstruction of critical infrastructure. We are looking for a hands-on technical leader to lead a team of iOS and Android engineers to deliver mobile control experiences that enable anyone to be an expert drone pilot. The mobile team is directly responsible for the Skydio 2 and Skydio Enterprise mobile applications.
How you’ll make an impact:
- Collaborate across functions (product managers, designers, engineers, and QA) to design and deliver the primary user experience for Skydio drones
- Build and execute on mobile milestone roadmap in alignment with strategic goals of the company
- Communicate clear priorities to team and make clear trade-offs in a sometimes complex and ambiguous environment
- Build and develop a team of world-class mobile engineers
- Combine your knowledge of the mobile ecosystem with our Drone Intelligence API and set the gold standard for what a drone app should be.
- Leverage your experience and best practices to uphold and improve Skydio’s engineering standards
What would make you a good fit:
- You are a hands on technical leader with experience managing engineers and delivering high quality mobile applications
- You can derive clarity from complexity and communicate clear direction to individuals and the team
- You have experience establishing right-sized processes that enable teams to move quickly while reliably delivering results throughout the entire software lifecycle
- You love having fun building great products and enjoy working on systems that involve hardware and software
- You’ve shipped code to the App Store and have experienced the joys (and frustrations) of getting feedback from real users
- You are customer focused and love shipping products quickly that solve customer problems
At Skydio we believe that diversity drives innovation. We have created a multi-disciplinary environment that embraces the power of diverse perspectives to create elegant solutions for complex problems. We are committed to growing our network of people, programs, and resources to nurture an inclusive culture.
As such, we do not make hiring or other employment-related decisions on the basis of an applicant or employee’s race, color, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and related medical conditions), pregnancy, gender, gender identity or expression, age, religion, disability status, sexual orientation, marital status, medical condition, generic information or characteristics, veteran, military or family status, or other classifications protected by applicable federal, state or local anti-discrimination laws.