Skydio is the leading US drone manufacturer and world leader in autonomous flight, the key technology for the future of drones and aerial transportation. The Skydio team combines deep expertise in artificial intelligence, best-in-class hardware and software product development, and operational excellence to empower a broader, more diverse audience of drone users - from action sports enthusiasts to first responders.
About the role:
Skydio is looking for a Product Compliance Manager to lead all hardware compliance activities as we move towards worldwide launches of multiple product lines. You will be the in house expert on all existing product types and help lead the way for existing new areas at Skydio.
How you'll make an impact:
- Work with engineering, regulatory and leadership teams to define plans, prioritize engineering efforts, and generally ensure that all aspects critical to the product compliance are met at the right points in the development cycle
- Be the expert within Skydio on hardware product compliance across existing product lines, as well as be responsible for scoping new market opportunities as well as new product lines
- Engage with external laboratories to plan pre-certification testing and be the primary point of contact onsite during official certification activities as needed
- Ensure product requirements are clearly defined and well-understood across multidisciplinary engineering teams and project groups (firmware, electrical, mechanical)
- Throughout the development cycle, track progress, communicate, and escalate issues as appropriate
What makes you a good fit:
- Demonstrable excellence in managing compliance activities for consumer electronics, automotive, or robotic systems
- Strong understanding of US, EMEA & APAC wireless, chemistry and safety compliance requirements with a proven track record of launching new products in these regions
- Experience working with defense (MIL-Spec) standards
- Exceptional communication skills and natural ability to motivate/drive cross-functional internal teams and external partners towards a common goal
- Highly analytical with the ability to organize and distill data as a key driver of rigorous product development decisions
- You will be interfacing with highly technical teams, so an engineering degree or comparable work experience is required
- Ability to remain flexible, calm, and creative in the face of uncertainty
At Skydio we believe that diversity drives innovation. We have created a multi-disciplinary environment that embraces the power of diverse perspectives to create elegant solutions for complex problems. We are committed to growing our network of people, programs, and resources to nurture an inclusive culture.
As such, we do not make hiring or other employment-related decisions on the basis of an applicant or employee’s race, color, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and related medical conditions), pregnancy, gender, gender identity or expression, age, religion, disability status, sexual orientation, marital status, medical condition, generic information or characteristics, veteran, military or family status, or other classifications protected by applicable federal, state or local anti-discrimination laws.
For positions located in the United States of America, our company Skydio, Inc. uses E-Verify to confirm employment eligibility. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit https://www.e-verify.gov/