Skydio is the leading US drone manufacturer and world leader in autonomous flight, the key technology for the future of drones and aerial transportation. The Skydio team combines deep expertise in artificial intelligence, best-in-class hardware and software product development, and operational excellence to empower a broader, more diverse audience of drone users - from action sports enthusiasts to first responders.
About the role:
We are looking for an experienced Payroll Manager to own all aspects of payroll at Skydio--from the transaction level up to financial reporting--and function as a key business partner to People Operations, Sales Operations, and FP&A. If you have a solid understanding of GAAP in relation to payroll administration, and you're excited to have significant ownership in a high-growth startup environment, we would love to hear from you.
How you'll make an impact:
- Ensure payroll is processed accurately in line with all internal procedures, regulations, and deadlines.
- Process all payroll transactions including final checks, pay changes, bonuses, and commissions.
- Audit and reconcile payroll data prior to transmission and validate confirmed reports.
- Administer and ensure compliance for all voluntary and involuntary deductions, including benefits, 401K, garnishments, etc.
- Conduct appropriate withholding of federal, state, local and provincial income taxes in partnership with Accounting / Finance and the People teams.
- Book all payroll related journal entries and perform associated account reconciliations.
- Ensure compliance practices with regard to payroll data integrity.
- Document and improve payroll policies and procedures.
- Act as a liaison between the organization and our 3rd party partners to ensure all teams are aligned as it relates to payroll processing and related activities.
What would make you a good fit:
- Demonstrated ability to take on a high-ownership payroll administration role in a high-growth environment
- Advanced experience with month-end close, journal entry preparation, and account reconciliations.
- Ability to effectively communicate across organizational levels, both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to prioritize work with a high degree of accuracy in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Proven problem-solving skills, sound professional judgement, and significant appetite for learning.
- Highly effective written and verbal communication skills across organizational levels.
- Accounting or related degree.
- Experience with payroll software (Gusto and/or ADP preferred) and multi-state administration.
- Netsuite experience is a plus.
At Skydio we believe that diversity drives innovation. We have created a multi-disciplinary environment that embraces the power of diverse perspectives to create elegant solutions for complex problems. We are committed to growing our network of people, programs, and resources to nurture an inclusive culture.
As such, we do not make hiring or other employment-related decisions on the basis of an applicant or employee’s race, color, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and related medical conditions), pregnancy, gender, gender identity or expression, age, religion, disability status, sexual orientation, marital status, medical condition, generic information or characteristics, veteran, military or family status, or other classifications protected by applicable federal, state or local anti-discrimination laws.