Skydio is the leading US drone company and world leader in autonomous flight, the key technology for the future of drones and aerial transportation. The Skydio team combines deep expertise in artificial intelligence, best-in-class hardware and software product development, and operational excellence to empower a broader, more diverse audience of drone users - from action sports enthusiasts to first responders to insurance claims adjusters.
About the role:
We’re looking for a dedicated IT generalist to help support the wide range of technology requirements associated with developing and deploying state-of-the-art autonomous systems in a fast-paced startup environment. This is a cross-functional role in which you’ll implement, maintain, and improve Skydio’s networks, cloud servers, local clusters, and office workstations.
How you'll make an impact:
- Daily responsibilities will include software deployment, resource planning/management, and incident management
- Create systems for configuring and maintaining our fleet of workstations and servers
- Develop tools for the creation, configuration and flashing of system images
- Rack, install, configure and network servers and machines
- Selection, installation and configuration of new and existing development tools
- Networking setup, audit security practices and protocols
- Develop, manage and verify backup systems
What makes you a strong fit:
- Passion for playing a generalist IT administrator and tech support role
- Knowledge of best practices and IT operations for always-up, always-available services
- Knowledge and experience with industry standard automation/configuration management tools, open source technologies, and cloud services (AWS, Docker, Ansible, Terraform, etc.)
- Strong communication skills and willingness to pitch in as necessary to enable others to do their best work
- Experience as a Windows and Active Directory administrator is required
- Google Workspace Enterprise Administration experience is strongly preferred
- Experience as a Linux/Unix administrator is preferred
- Okta/Universal Directory/SSO/MFA experience preferred
At Skydio we believe that diversity drives innovation. We have created a multi-disciplinary environment that embraces the power of diverse perspectives to create elegant solutions for complex problems. We are committed to growing our network of people, programs, and resources to nurture an inclusive culture.
As such, we do not make hiring or other employment-related decisions on the basis of an applicant or employee’s race, color, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and related medical conditions), pregnancy, gender, gender identity or expression, age, religion, disability status, sexual orientation, marital status, medical condition, generic information or characteristics, veteran, military or family status, or other classifications protected by applicable federal, state or local anti-discrimination laws.