Skydio is the leading US drone company and world leader in autonomous flight, the key technology for the future of drones and aerial transportation. The Skydio team combines deep expertise in artificial intelligence, best-in-class hardware and software product development, and operational excellence to empower a broader, more diverse audience of drone users - from action sports enthusiasts to first responders to insurance claims adjusters.
About the role:
As an Antenna Engineer, you will be part of the team building the next generation of autonomous drones. You will work with some of the most innovative minds in the business across multiple disciplines of industrial design, hardware and wireless technologies, to help deliver on our promise to create the world's most intelligent flying machines used by consumer, enterprise, and government customers.
How you'll make an impact:
- Architect and design high performance antennas from 700 MHz to 9GHz throughout a product design cycle
- Support antenna manufacturing efforts to ensure high-quality implementation of antenna systems
- Perform EMI and RF desense mitigation simulations and testing to achieve regulatory and performance goals
- Collaborate with ID/PM//RF & Hardware Engineering teams to define antenna requirements to meet challenging product function
- Conduct laboratory benchtop and outdoors RF/Antenna measurements and prototyping.
What makes you a strong fit:
- Strong technical experience in Antenna design or Electromagnetics including experience in designing and shipping antennas for consumer electronic devices
- Proficient in EM simulation softwares such as ANSYS HFSS or CST as well as other tools like Matlab for data processing
- Experience with RF lab equipment, such as 3D anechoic chamber, VNA, and SA, for antenna and RF sub-system characterization. Familiarity with the AMS 8050 system a plus.
- Good insight in developing antennas with focus on cost and performance trade-offs
- Familiar with carrier certification process, regulatory requirements (FCC, CE, etc.)
At Skydio we believe that diversity drives innovation. We have created a multi-disciplinary environment that embraces the power of diverse perspectives to create elegant solutions for complex problems. We are committed to growing our network of people, programs, and resources to nurture an inclusive culture.
As such, we do not make hiring or other employment-related decisions on the basis of an applicant or employee’s race, color, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and related medical conditions), pregnancy, gender, gender identity or expression, age, religion, disability status, sexual orientation, marital status, medical condition, generic information or characteristics, veteran, military or family status, or other classifications protected by applicable federal, state or local anti-discrimination laws.