Skydio is the world leader in autonomous flight, the key technology for the future of drones and aerial transportation. The Skydio team combines deep expertise in artificial intelligence, best-in-class hardware and software product development, and operational excellence to empower a broader, more diverse audience of drone users - from action sports enthusiasts to first responders to insurance claims adjusters.
About the team:
Our support team provides best-in-class service and support to our growing customer base while meeting or exceeding our service level agreements as defined by our business requirements. We’re highly focused on customer retention and loyalty, and we work hard to build systems and structures to reduce costs related to process inefficiencies.
About the role:
Skydio is looking for a highly-motivated and technical individual who is excited about leading a top-tier technical support experience. By taking ownership of the support escalation and bug reporting workflows (in tight alignment with our engineering teams), you will act as a liaison between the CS and Engineering teams, expediting communication, and ensuring the right stakeholders are involved. You will advise both groups on best practices and access all resources necessary to achieve the expected outcome, focusing on the significance of SLAs and root cause analysis.
How you’ll make an impact:
- Work closely with internal teams to become and expert of Skydio’s products, processes, specifications, and product roadmap.
- Build support processes that define and accelerate our escalation and debugging workflows.
- Reduce the number of technical escalations into engineering groups by developing rock-solid triage and resolution techniques.
- Provide our tiered support structure with technical analysis and troubleshooting structure that reduces our response times and meets or exceeds our SLAs.
- Work directly with product teams to communicate common break/fix points and prioritize and understand development timelines.
- Provide reporting and dashboards on trending issues and bugs and escalate to our product team to solve them
- Bridge any gaps between the data and learnings coming from our support and engineering teams. Effectively, you are the liaison between those two worlds.
What would make you a strong fit:
- You are adept at technical troubleshooting, problem-solving, and are familiar with triage and escalation workflows.
- You’re an assertive self-starter with excellent interpersonal and written communication skills.
- You have 1-3 years of engineering, SME, or technical account management experience (previous experience in an enterprise capacity is preferred).
- You have experience working with Atlassian Jira, Salesforce, and Zendesk.
- Systems-level or admin experience with Netsuite, Notion, and Shopify is preferred.
- Some experience in Linux operating systems is preferred.
- You have experience working cross-functionally across technical, ops, and GTM teams.
At Skydio we believe that diversity drives innovation. We have created a multi-disciplinary environment that embraces the power of diverse perspectives to create elegant solutions for complex problems. We are committed to growing our network of people, programs, and resources to nurture an inclusive culture.
As such, we do not make hiring or other employment-related decisions on the basis of an applicant or employee’s race, color, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and related medical conditions), pregnancy, gender, gender identity or expression, age, religion, disability status, sexual orientation, marital status, medical condition, generic information or characteristics, veteran, military or family status, or other classifications protected by applicable federal, state or local anti-discrimination laws.