Skydio is the leading U.S. drone company and the world leader in autonomous flight, the key technology for the future of drones and aerial transportation. The Skydio team combines deep expertise in artificial intelligence, best-in-class hardware and software product development, and operational excellence to empower a broader, more diverse audience of drone users - from action sports enthusiasts to first responders to insurance claims adjusters.
About the role:
We are scaling up our Operations team to meet the opportunity ahead. As our Logistics Operations Manager, you will support the recently launched Skydio 2 consumer product and our next-generation products focused on Fortune 500 and Public Sector customers. We are looking for a highly motivated and experienced individual who will be responsible for managing order management, logistics and related business systems.
How you'll make an impact:
- Manage 3PL set up and product distribution for high volume/high SKU mix product line
- Own and manage the release, processing, and fulfillment of customer sales orders to 3rd party fulfillment (3PL) centers
- Process sales, returns and inventory transactions in Skydio’s ERP system
- Develop and optimize Skydio’s reverse logistics strategy, order fulfillment processes, and systems as the business scales
- Lead continuous cost analysis reviews and recommendations for improvement
- Collaborate cross-functionally with stakeholders across customer support, sales, marketing and accounting
- Create and maintain ongoing documentation of the order process
- Establish customer order/status workflow with Customer Support and serve as the escalation point
- Track KPIs including on-time shipment, order accuracy and fill rate performance
- Define and implement international shipping strategies as we enter into new regions
- Inbound freight management and HTS code analysis
What makes you a strong fit:
- Advanced Excel modeling skills required (vlookup, sumifs, pivots)
- Significant hands-on experience with ERP and database systems e.g. Netsuite
- Demonstrated ability to be strategic and tactical in leading and improving logistics and order management processes in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Detail oriented with excellent cross-functional collaboration and problem solving skills
- Demonstrated appetite for learning with the ability to quickly pick up new skills as part of a small startup team
- Ability to be a self-starter with a proven track record of following through and delivering on responsibilities
At Skydio we believe that diversity drives innovation. We have created a multi-disciplinary environment that embraces the power of diverse perspectives to create elegant solutions for complex problems. We are committed to growing our network of people, programs, and resources to nurture an inclusive culture.
As such, we do not make hiring or other employment-related decisions on the basis of an applicant or employee’s race, color, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and related medical conditions), pregnancy, gender, gender identity or expression, age, religion, disability status, sexual orientation, marital status, medical condition, generic information or characteristics, veteran, military or family status, or other classifications protected by applicable federal, state or local anti-discrimination laws.