Skydio is the leading US drone manufacturer and world leader in autonomous flight, the key technology for the future of drones and aerial transportation. The Skydio team combines deep expertise in artificial intelligence, best-in-class hardware and software product development, and operational excellence to empower a broader, more diverse audience of drone users - from action sports enthusiasts to first responders.
About the role:
As an Autonomy Products Engineer, you'll build applications with our autonomy platform and get them into the hands of customers tackling a wide range of use cases including inspection, mapping, cinematography, inventory, situational awareness, and emergency response. These represent some of the first deployments of truly autonomous robots to perform valuable real-world tasks in large and critical industries. A vital component of this success involves building applications that leverage our autonomy system to meet the demands of specific verticals and to bring state-of-the-art robotics technology to market.
How you'll make an impact:
- Build state-of-the-art autonomous workflows with our Skydio Skills SDK and autonomy platform
- Build complex software products through collaboration with our autonomy, mobile, platform, design, product, and flight test teams
- Rapidly prototype and iterate to validate industry requirements and take ownership of those prototypes as they mature into robust commercial products
- Guide the requirements, release, and testing process to ensure high quality deliverables
- Capture, understand, and react to customer feedback and potentially changing demands, and ensure day-to-day excellence of the software product
- Design core API hooks when new use-cases arise
- Travel to customer sites and engage with end-users to gain a deep understanding of real use cases and the value that Skydio can add for them
What makes you a good fit:
- Experience with complex codebases involving geometric concepts and user interfaces
- Strong software engineering fundamentals; emphasis on Python, with a desire for C++
- Attention to code quality, including the design of APIs and state machines
- Experience building projects interfacing with and creating applications for robots or hardware devices
- Highly curious, creative, and able to communicate concepts to non-technical audiences
- iOS, Android, and web development experience is a bonus
- Excited to use robotics to make the world safer, more productive, and more creative
At Skydio we believe that diversity drives innovation. We have created a multi-disciplinary environment that embraces the power of diverse perspectives to create elegant solutions for complex problems. We are committed to growing our network of people, programs, and resources to nurture an inclusive culture.
As such, we do not make hiring or other employment-related decisions on the basis of an applicant or employee’s race, color, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and related medical conditions), pregnancy, gender, gender identity or expression, age, religion, disability status, sexual orientation, marital status, medical condition, generic information or characteristics, veteran, military or family status, or other classifications protected by applicable federal, state or local anti-discrimination laws.