Skydio is the leading US drone manufacturer and world leader in autonomous flight, the key technology for the future of drones and aerial transportation. The Skydio team combines deep expertise in artificial intelligence, best-in-class hardware and software product development, and operational excellence to empower a broader, more diverse audience of drone users - from action sports enthusiasts to first responders.
About the role:
As a Software Engineer - Commercial Products, you'll be building applications within our Autonomy platform into the hands of enterprise partners tackling problems related to inspection, mapping, inventory, and emergency response. These represent some of the first deployments of truly autonomous robots to perform valuable real-world tasks in large and critical industries. A vital component of this success involves building applications that leverage our autonomy system to meet the demands of specific commercial verticals.
How you'll make an impact:
- Develop targeted applications on the Skydio Skills SDK, leveraging our Autonomy platform, to novel commercial engagements.
- Travel to customer site locations and engage with end-users to gain a deep understanding of a specific commercial vertical demands and augment the details of Skydio’s value proposition in particular industries.
- Collaborate between functions (Autonomy, Mobile, Design, Infrastructure, and Product Development) to understand the capabilities of the Skydio Platform and how it can be adapted to fulfill a commercial need.
- Build and test rapid prototypes to validate industry requirements and take ownership of those prototypes as they mature into robust, revenue generating commercial products.
- Guide the code release and testing process to ensure high quality deliverables.
- Capture, understand, and react to a customer’s feedback and potentially changing demands, and ensure day-to-day reliability of the software product.
- Design core API hooks when new use-cases arise.
What makes you a good fit:
- Experience building projects interfacing with and creating applications for robots or hardware devices.
- Strong software engineering fundamentals; emphasis on Python familiarity, performant C++, algorithms and data structures, and design and usage of APIs.
- Highly curious, creative, and technically savvy, and able to communicate technical concepts to non-technical audiences
- iOS or Android development experience
- Robotics/UAV/Autonomous systems experience
- Familiarity with databases and modern cloud technologies
At Skydio we believe that diversity drives innovation. We have created a multi-disciplinary environment that embraces the power of diverse perspectives to create elegant solutions for complex problems. We are committed to growing our network of people, programs, and resources to nurture an inclusive culture.
As such, we do not make hiring or other employment-related decisions on the basis of an applicant or employee’s race, color, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and related medical conditions), pregnancy, gender, gender identity or expression, age, religion, disability status, sexual orientation, marital status, medical condition, generic information or characteristics, veteran, military or family status, or other classifications protected by applicable federal, state or local anti-discrimination laws.