Skydio is the leading US drone company and the world leader in autonomous flight, the key technology for the future of drones and aerial transportation. The Skydio team combines deep expertise in artificial intelligence, best-in-class hardware and software product development, and operational excellence to empower a broader, more diverse audience of drone users - from action sports enthusiasts to first responders to insurance claims adjusters.
About the role:
We are seeking an experienced Quality Assurance Technician (QAT) to aid in the development and execution of production systems. The ideal candidate will be flexible, detail-oriented, and skilled at working with various cross-functional teams (manufacturing, quality, and hardware). As a QAT on the team, you will champion the quality of our products from the assembly line using both automated and manual tests, and reporting and verifying defects.
How you'll make an impact:
- Verifies incoming material conformance to specifications by adhering to basic mechanical drawings
- Supports the resolution of material issues, as required, by working with warehouse personnel
- Creates and maintains inspection plans, logs, and reports
- Screens for poor quality events in manufacturing and design
- Adheres to production quality standards, inspection, and test systems and drive compliance of quality on production line
- Provides mechanical measurement support to identify or solve potential supplier material issues
- Inspection/verification of in-process built material
- Analyze and investigate defect trends that improve incoming material and outgoing product quality
- Other duties may be assigned
What makes you a strong fit:
- Experience using quality measurement tools (gauges, calipers, scales, etc)
- Computer skills with knowledge of spreadsheet and word processing software.
- Attention to detail as applied to inspections
- Ability to work independently
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Experience meeting tight deadlines
- 2+ years experience in a Manufacturing Quality Control environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Regularly required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear
- Frequently required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel
- Occasionally required to sit and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl
- Regularly lift and /or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus
At Skydio we believe that diversity drives innovation. We have created a multi-disciplinary environment that embraces the power of diverse perspectives to create elegant solutions for complex problems. We are committed to growing our network of people, programs, and resources to nurture an inclusive culture.
As such, we do not make hiring or other employment-related decisions on the basis of an applicant or employee’s race, color, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and related medical conditions), pregnancy, gender, gender identity or expression, age, religion, disability status, sexual orientation, marital status, medical condition, generic information or characteristics, veteran, military or family status, or other classifications protected by applicable federal, state or local anti-discrimination laws.