Skydio is the leading US drone company and world leader in autonomous flight, the key technology for the future of drones and aerial transportation. The Skydio team combines deep expertise in artificial intelligence, best-in-class hardware and software product development, and operational excellence to empower a broader, more diverse audience of drone users - from action sports enthusiasts to first responders to insurance claims adjusters.
About the role:
We are looking for a driven Head of FP&A to lead the FP&A team as we scale the business globally and push deeper into the enterprise and public sector. This is a strategic and hands-on role where you will own the FP&A function and partner with the broader executive team extensively. You will own the corporate model and be responsible for building out all FP&A processes and procedures, driving the financial budgeting and forecast process and conducting financial reporting and analysis. This role reports to the VP of Finance and has two direct reports.
How you'll make an impact:
- Take ownership of the corporate financial model and the Company’s entire financial planning process to support monthly reforecasts, annual planning, and long-range planning
- Work collaboratively and cross functionally with all levels of management to deliver meaningful financial information
- Manage and build a high performing FP&A team
- Be a trusted advisor to the VP of Finance; proactively collaborate, influence, and align the Company’s planning processes to achieve the overall Company strategy
- Collaborate with executives to provide analytical rigor and evaluate strategic initiatives
- Determine appropriate process, methodology, variables and modeling techniques to develop and deliver forecasts
- Develop metrics, KPIs, reporting and analysis to drive business performance, track growth initiatives, assess risks and opportunities, and drive accountability
- Work closely with the Analytics team to refine data systems and tools to track performance, provide reporting solutions, and enhance operational insights
- Create internal & external executive reporting documents including board, close and other management presentations
- Partner with the broader organization to drive process and systematic improvements across the Company
- Play an integral role in the month-end / quarter-end / year-end close and flux review processes
- Assist with ad-hoc projects and provide decision support as needed
What makes you a strong fit:
- 10+ years of progressive Finance / FP&A experience in high growth environments
- Excellent communications skills with the ability to work with multiple management styles and personalities
- Enterprise SaaS and hardware experience
- Ability to roll up your sleeves and build complex models in Excel and other planning applications like Anaplan
- Exposure to key financial management processes in a scaling organization and public company quarterly close and reporting cadence
- High degree of organization and efficiency with ability to prioritize workload and manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Superior analytical and problem-solving skills with a focus on attention to detail while delivering against tight deadlines
- Highest ethical standards, integrity, authenticity, credibility, and character
- Bachelor’s degree, or higher in Accounting/Finance/Business or related field required, MBA preferred
At Skydio we believe that diversity drives innovation. We have created a multi-disciplinary environment that embraces the power of diverse perspectives to create elegant solutions for complex problems. We are committed to growing our network of people, programs, and resources to nurture an inclusive culture.
As such, we do not make hiring or other employment-related decisions on the basis of an applicant or employee’s race, color, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and related medical conditions), pregnancy, gender, gender identity or expression, age, religion, disability status, sexual orientation, marital status, medical condition, generic information or characteristics, veteran, military or family status, or other classifications protected by applicable federal, state or local anti-discrimination laws.