Skydio is the world leader in autonomous flight, the key technology for the future of drones and aerial transportation. The Skydio team combines deep expertise in artificial intelligence, best-in-class hardware and software product development, and operational excellence to empower a broader, more diverse audience of drone users - from action sports enthusiasts to first responders to insurance claims adjusters.
About the role:
As the Lab Manager at Skydio, you will play an integral role in the continuous improvement of Skydio’s R&D lab and manufacturing line where we bring ideas for our next world class drone and related products to life. Your work here will help us quickly deliver exciting new drone technologies to eager markets around the world while working with an extraordinary team of bright minds.
How you'll make an impact:
- Own the organization of the R&D lab through proactive management of tooling, equipment, and critical supplies
- Develop meaningful processes and instructions that enable employees to safely and reliably use equipment
- Work with engineers and technicians to continually improve the space and tools available for use including creating plans for expanding the lab
- Develop and execute preventative maintenance plans for equipment within the lab and manufacturing space, including 3D printers, load test equipment, CNC machines, air compressors, and more
- Ensure compliance with necessary regulations
What makes you a strong fit:
- Passionate about mechanical and electrical fabrication and product development
- Experience with electromechanical equipment, particularly the intricacies of operating common prototyping devices (3D printers, CNC mills, etc.)
- Capable of identifying a wide variety of mechanical and electrical components
- Passion for organization and a strong detail-oriented mindset
- Able to apply analytical thinking to a variety of issues as they arise to create simple and effective solutions
- Proactively connects and works with team members to ensure continuous development is unblocked
- Experience with OSHA regulations
- 3D CAD experience a plus
At Skydio we believe that diversity drives innovation. We have created a multi-disciplinary environment that embraces the power of diverse perspectives to create elegant solutions for complex problems. We are committed to growing our network of people, programs, and resources to nurture an inclusive culture.
As such, we do not make hiring or other employment-related decisions on the basis of an applicant or employee’s race, color, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and related medical conditions), pregnancy, gender, gender identity or expression, age, religion, disability status, sexual orientation, marital status, medical condition, generic information or characteristics, veteran, military or family status, or other classifications protected by applicable federal, state or local anti-discrimination laws.