Skydio is the world leader in autonomous flight, the key technology for the future of drones and aerial transportation. The Skydio team combines deep expertise in artificial intelligence, best-in-class hardware and software product development, and operational excellence to empower a broader, more diverse audience of drone users - from action sports enthusiasts to first responders to insurance claims adjusters.
About the role: Our manufacturing process includes numerous, complex software tests that ensure that we ship high quality devices. You will contribute to making our software testing system reliable and addressing issues to improve the efficiency of our production operations.
How you'll make an impact:
- Ensure that the software used to test and configure devices on the manufacturing line is robust and reliable
- Test new changes to our manufacturing software in representative environments
- Provide real-time support to the production team to diagnose, triage, and debug issues on the manufacturing line
- Design and manage the processes for validating manufacturing software releases and rolling them out with minimal operational impact
- Improve monitoring, tooling, and logging systems to track issues over time and identify critical fixes and opportunities for improvement
- Work with the manufacturing software team to design and implement new features and systems to improve production operations and test coverage
- Continuously identify, measure, and improve test processes
- Train production operators in function and maintenance of test infrastructure and test processes
- Maintain complete and accurate documentation for software testing status and progress
What makes you a strong fit:
- Proficient in Python and/or C++
- Ability to extract and analyze data from relational databases using SQL queries
- Familiarity with Linux operating systems
- Experience with modern manufacturing software systems and quality metrics
- Experience developing automated software/hardware tests
- Experience working with software running on embedded devices
At Skydio we believe that diversity drives innovation. We have created a multi-disciplinary environment that embraces the power of diverse perspectives to create elegant solutions for complex problems. We are committed to growing our network of people, programs, and resources to nurture an inclusive culture.
As such, we do not make hiring or other employment-related decisions on the basis of an applicant or employee’s race, color, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and related medical conditions), pregnancy, gender, gender identity or expression, age, religion, disability status, sexual orientation, marital status, medical condition, generic information or characteristics, veteran, military or family status, or other classifications protected by applicable federal, state or local anti-discrimination laws.