Skydio is the world leader in autonomous flight, the key technology for the future of drones and aerial transportation. The Skydio team combines deep expertise in artificial intelligence, best-in-class hardware and software product development, and operational excellence to empower a broader, more diverse audience of drone users - from action sports enthusiasts to first responders to insurance claims adjusters.
About the role:
Skydio is seeking a talented multi-disciplinary program manager to ensure successful launches for our next generations of products. In this role, your contributions will drive quality, speed to market, productivity, and profitability.
How you'll make an impact:
- Work with cross-functional product development and operations teams to define the detailed development and production plan for new products, providing operations input to the product roadmap.
- Define objectives and metrics for manufacturing builds with clear exit criteria for each phase to meet schedule, cost, quality, and capacity targets. Run internal operations and production readiness meetings.
- Help drive manufacturing and quality process development, ensuring deliverables are being completed on time for a successful product launch. Track progress, communicate, and escalate issues as appropriate throughout the development cycle.
- Collaborate with engineering program managers to run program review meetings, providing succinct status updates, soliciting critical input, and communicating risks.
- Coordinate ECO implementations, line trials, and post ramp qualification projects.
- Work with manufacturing and supply chain teams to transition production to contract manufacturers. Coordinate the phasing out of obsolete products.
What makes you a strong fit:
- Functional understanding of manufacturing, quality, supply chain, and engineering roles throughout the product development process
- Strong electro-mechanical background, preferably with consumer and industrial electronics
- Excellent problem-solving, organizational, communication, and leadership skills.
- Analytical and detail oriented. Ability to identify or develop tools for coordinating and tracking project progress.
- Demonstrated excellence in managing day to day operations
- Ability to remain flexible, calm, and creative in the face of uncertainty
At Skydio we believe that diversity drives innovation. We have created a multi-disciplinary environment that embraces the power of diverse perspectives to create elegant solutions for complex problems. We are committed to growing our network of people, programs, and resources to nurture an inclusive culture.
As such, we do not make hiring or other employment-related decisions on the basis of an applicant or employee’s race, color, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and related medical conditions), pregnancy, gender, gender identity or expression, age, religion, disability status, sexual orientation, marital status, medical condition, generic information or characteristics, veteran, military or family status, or other classifications protected by applicable federal, state or local anti-discrimination laws.