Skydio is the world leader in autonomous flight, the key technology for the future of drones and aerial transportation. The Skydio team combines deep expertise in artificial intelligence, best-in-class hardware and software product development, and operational excellence to empower a broader, more diverse audience of drone users - from action sports enthusiasts to first responders to insurance claims adjusters.
About the role: As an Enterprise Account Executive at Skydio, you will be a primary driver of landing and expanding our business into enterprise accounts across many key industries. You will actively qualify accounts and build a strong understanding of potential customers’ businesses to effectively communicate Skydio’s value proposition to them. You will work closely with our internal business development and marketing teams to hone our target customers and personas. This is a unique opportunity to join a fast-growing sales team and accelerate the growth of Skydio and the commercial UAV industry as a whole.
How you’ll make an impact:
- Create a strategic plan to identify, engage and create opportunities with high propensity accounts
- Build a pipeline to meet and exceed your sales targets with direct accountability on a quarterly and annual basis.
- Identify and target high propensity accounts and build your engagement strategy.
- Develop a deep understanding of your customer’s business, workflows and pain points. Focus on customer satisfaction and develop a proper contact network within accounts.
- Actively supports execution of the overall sales strategy as the most experienced salesperson, mentoring others where possible.
- Engage and bring in experts/specialists where required.
- Coordinate with sales operations and logistics to ensure customer milestones are met.
- Responsible for forecasting and tracking activity in internal systems. Keep management informed in a timely fashion, and identify new opportunities in current and new accounts.
- Gather and share competitive intelligence on competitor activity with marketing.
- Share key customer insights and product needs with product management.
- Work with customer success to provide effective demos and/or product training as necessary.
What would make you a strong fit:
- We have three levels of Account Executives:
- Enterprise Account Manager (EAM): 8+ years of successful enterprise software, hardware, or SaaS sales experience
- Enterprise Account Executive (EAE): 4-7+ years of successful enterprise software, hardware, or SaaS sales experience
- Commercial Account Executive (CAE): 2-5+ years of successful enterprise software, hardware, or SaaS sales experience
- Extensive knowledge in territory planning, prospecting, relationship development, pricing, negotiations, and closing
- Cross-functional team player with experience collaborating with Product Management, Engineering, Business Development, and Sales Engineering teams
- Confident, articulate, and professional speaking abilities
- Familiarity with the MEDDIC sales qualification methodology
- Startup experience preferred
- UAV or end user industry understanding is preferred
At Skydio we believe that diversity drives innovation. We have created a multi-disciplinary environment that embraces the power of diverse perspectives to create elegant solutions for complex problems. We are committed to growing our network of people, programs, and resources to nurture an inclusive culture.
As such, we do not make hiring or other employment-related decisions on the basis of an applicant or employee’s race, color, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and related medical conditions), pregnancy, gender, gender identity or expression, age, religion, disability status, sexual orientation, marital status, medical condition, generic information or characteristics, veteran, military or family status, or other classifications protected by applicable federal, state or local anti-discrimination laws.