Skydio is the leading US drone manufacturer and world leader in autonomous flight, the key technology for the future of drones and aerial transportation. The Skydio team combines deep expertise in artificial intelligence, best-in-class hardware and software product development, and operational excellence to empower a broader, more diverse audience of drone users - from action sports enthusiasts to first responders.
About the role:
By combining best-in-class autonomy and cloud-connected real-time visibility, drones will become the critical and ubiquitous infrastructure that can be deployed and monitored in real time to solve a variety of problems faster, cheaper, and safer than ever before. Realizing this future requires a reliable and robust wireless communication network that spans multiple use cases and capabilities. We’re looking for you, an experienced Wireless Software Engineer to join our team and tackle these challenges head on.
How you'll make an impact:
- You will enhance and improve the Skydio network wireless solution, extending the range and providing high-speed and secured communication
- You will develop innovative network solutions to allow an OFDMA based mesh network of drones to communicate reliably and effectively
- You will optimize video quality, latency, and reliability under extreme wireless conditions
- You will work across multiple wireless communications standards to include WLAN and LTE
- You will work on a new and innovative communication protocol to facilitate best-in-class mesh drone communication
- You will work on wireless firmware and software, develop, implement and validate algorithms with optimizations aimed to improve performance KPI
What makes you a good fit:
- Experience with WLAN MAC level firmware is preferred
- Understanding of WLAN protocols and performance metrics
- Can work in a collaborative environment with multiple teams alongside Systems, Software Embedded, and Hardware Engineers
- Solid software engineering foundation
- Strong debugging skills in a variety of environments including those close to the hardware
At Skydio we believe that diversity drives innovation. We have created a multi-disciplinary environment that embraces the power of diverse perspectives to create elegant solutions for complex problems. We are committed to growing our network of people, programs, and resources to nurture an inclusive culture.
As such, we do not make hiring or other employment-related decisions on the basis of an applicant or employee’s race, color, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and related medical conditions), pregnancy, gender, gender identity or expression, age, religion, disability status, sexual orientation, marital status, medical condition, genetic information or characteristics, veteran, military or family status, or other classifications protected by applicable federal, state or local anti-discrimination laws.
For positions located in the United States of America, our company Skydio, Inc. uses E-Verify to confirm employment eligibility. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit https://www.e-verify.gov/