Skydio is the world leader in autonomous flight, the key technology for the future of drones and aerial transportation. The Skydio team combines deep expertise in artificial intelligence, best-in-class hardware and software product development, and operational excellence to empower a broader, more diverse audience of drone users - from action sports enthusiasts to first responders to insurance claims adjusters.
About the role: As our first-ever Enterprise Product Designer, you will research, prototype, refine, and ship web applications that unlock the full potential of autonomous drones for major enterprise and government markets.
How you'll make an impact:
- Design web-based applications for enterprise, public safety and government users.
- Collaborate across functions (product managers, designers, engineers) to understand and deliver software that specifically utilizes autonomous Skydio hardware.
- Understand the Skydio design system across mobile apps, marketing and hardware accessories and contribute to the existing component and asset library.
- Work directly with the Head of Design to understand and define visual, aesthetic and usability goals, as well as identify design patterns and workflows that make Skydio software easy and efficient to use.
- Work closely with engineering in a modern web technology stack.
- Provide mockups, user flows, pixel-perfect design proposals or write HTML/CSS directly to drive the design process for engineers, while communicating design goals to PMs and Executives.
- Work directly with Marketing to create high-resolution assets for customer sales and general marketing use.
What makes you a strong fit:
- Significant product design experience with a track record of launching successful web-based interfaces and/or SaaS products.
- Excellent working knowledge of front-end frameworks like Ant, Bootstrap.
- In-depth knowledge of Figma, Sketch.
- Knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite is a plus.
- Excellent design communication skills; comfortable presenting to executives and external customers.
- Current portfolio.
At Skydio we believe that diversity drives innovation. We have created a multi-disciplinary environment that embraces the power of diverse perspectives to create elegant solutions for complex problems. We are committed to growing our network of people, programs, and resources to nurture an inclusive culture.
As such, we do not make hiring or other employment-related decisions on the basis of an applicant or employee’s race, color, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and related medical conditions), pregnancy, gender, gender identity or expression, age, religion, disability status, sexual orientation, marital status, medical condition, generic information or characteristics, veteran, military or family status, or other classifications protected by applicable federal, state or local anti-discrimination laws.