Skydio is the world leader in autonomous flight, the key technology for the future of drones and aerial transportation. The Skydio team combines deep expertise in artificial intelligence, best-in-class hardware and software product development, and operational excellence to empower a broader, more diverse audience of drone users - from action sports enthusiasts to first responders to insurance claims adjusters.
About the role:
Insightfully designed manufacturing processes and fully qualified supplier relationships are critical elements in bringing tightly integrated, sophisticated electromechanical systems to major markets. As the primary designer and executioner of Skydio’s supply base engineering practice, you’ll interface with vendors and impact product design specifications to ensure that the world’s most advanced autonomous drones arrive on time and at the highest quality.
How you'll make an impact:
- Define and implement the technical sourcing strategy for timely delivery of high quality electrical, mechanical and optical components, systems and subsystems
- Create supplier-specific manufacturing processes and quality plans to ensure supply partners have the capabilities in place for high quality production at volume
- Architect, develop and implement processes and metrics to fabricate, test, and validate complex electromechanical and optical components
- Define, implement and facilitate real-time, on-going data collection and reporting from suppliers
- Initiate and drive corrective action on quality problems to ensure that the root cause of failures are identified and resolved
What makes you a strong fit:
- Desire to bring groundbreaking electromechanical systems to life
- Electrical, mechanical or quality engineering experience in creating high-end, high-volume consumer electronic products (bonus points for startup experience)
- Significant experience in supply chain, manufacturing and/or quality engineering
- Interpersonal and leadership skills as well as the ability to be a positive team member to both colleagues and external partners
- In-depth knowledge of quality, reliability, supplier management, statistical process controls and auditing techniques
At Skydio we believe that diversity drives innovation. We have created a multi-disciplinary environment that embraces the power of diverse perspectives to create elegant solutions for complex problems. We are committed to growing our network of people, programs, and resources to nurture an inclusive culture.
As such, we do not make hiring or other employment-related decisions on the basis of an applicant or employee’s race, color, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and related medical conditions), pregnancy, gender, gender identity or expression, age, religion, disability status, sexual orientation, marital status, medical condition, generic information or characteristics, veteran, military or family status, or other classifications protected by applicable federal, state or local anti-discrimination laws.