Skydio is the world leader in autonomous flight, the key technology for the future of drones and aerial transportation. The Skydio team combines deep expertise in artificial intelligence, best-in-class hardware and software product development, and operational excellence to empower a broader, more diverse audience of drone users - from action sports enthusiasts to first responders to insurance claims adjusters.
About the role:
As a Business Development Representative (BDR) at Skydio, you will be a primary driver of expanding our business and sharing the value of what we provide to prospects. You will qualify the increasing volume of inbound leads from marketing activity while also working with our sales team to actively prospect into strategic accounts. As an early member of the Business Development team, you will have an opportunity to help define Skydio’s Business Development processes. This is an incredible opportunity to further develop your sales skills, while helping to accelerate the growth of an innovative company.
How you'll make an impact:
- Achieve monthly quotas of leads qualified, meetings set and opportunities created
- Follow-up on marketing-generated leads (including leads from the website, digital campaigns, events, press and other on-going marketing programs) to qualify and deliver leads to the sales team
- Determine lead qualification before passing opportunities to AEs by analyzing the specific use case, buying criteria and other factors
- Strategically prospect into key account targets, which includes: researching and identifying key contacts and new industry segments; calling and emailing prospects to generate initial interest, and setting meetings
- Maintain accurate and current information on prospects and interaction activities in SalesForce
- Attend key industry events and qualify and meet prospects in-person, and communicate the Skydio value proposition in a fast-paced, tradeshow environment
- Maintain expert knowledge of Skydio products and marketing messaging to effectively and persuasively demonstrate the product and articulate the value proposition
- Work closely with the marketing team in developing new ways to increase awareness of Skydio products and to evolve and improve the lead qualification process
What makes you a strong fit:
- A ‘hunter’ mentality - comfortable prospecting, cold-calling, and following up on incoming leads and strong desire to win
- Confident presentation skills, a comfort level with senior professionals and the communications skills to articulate the Skydio value proposition
- Highly motivated, driven, and a self-starter with the ability to work without close supervision
- Outstanding communication and listening skills
- Ability and willingness to learn, to react to and share lessons learned across the organization
- Good time management with strong organizational skills
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited university
- Prior professional sales development experience; start-up experience a plus
At Skydio we believe that diversity drives innovation. We have created a multi-disciplinary environment that embraces the power of diverse perspectives to create elegant solutions for complex problems. We are committed to growing our network of people, programs, and resources to nurture an inclusive culture.
As such, we do not make hiring or other employment-related decisions on the basis of an applicant or employee’s race, color, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and related medical conditions), pregnancy, gender, gender identity or expression, age, religion, disability status, sexual orientation, marital status, medical condition, generic information or characteristics, veteran, military or family status, or other classifications protected by applicable federal, state or local anti-discrimination laws.