Skydio is the leading US drone company and world leader in autonomous flight, the key technology for the future of drones and aerial transportation. The Skydio team combines deep expertise in artificial intelligence, best-in-class hardware and software product development, and operational excellence to empower a broader, more diverse audience of drone users - from action sports enthusiasts to first responders to insurance claims adjusters.
About the role:
Skydio’s Hardware Engineering Team is looking for a detail-oriented, resourceful, and energetic Engineering Program Specialist to support new product development and sustaining production activities for Skydio’s hardware products. In this role, you will be a key cross-functional team member within the hardware organization, working closely with Engineering, Operations, Supply Chain, and external suppliers, to keep development and production programs on track.
How you'll make an impact:
- Own the engineering change management process from development through sustaining production, including part number creation, BOM structuring, ECRs / ECOs, and deviations. Work closely with internal team members to understand the change and drive the approval process, while simultaneously supporting external suppliers for design changes and file releases.
- Support the engineering development teams with the PR / PO process in ordering materials for development builds, including interfacing with suppliers, tracking material deliveries, and working with finance to GR hardware orders.
- Support development build hardware unit allocations, including organization through detailed trackers, managing distribution of units to relevant hardware teams, and using careful judgement to adjust allocations as needed for hardware development needs.
- Support pre-production build materials ordering, inventory management, tracking critical lead times, following up with suppliers on parts delivery status, and interfacing with internal hardware engineering teams as the owner of parts availability and CTB (clear to build) status.
- Close collaboration with Engineering Program Management for build matrix development and config management, OK2Fab and OK2Tool processes, and general project management support as needed.
What makes you a strong fit:
- Experience shipping hardware products (consumer electronics, automotive, micro-mobility) in fast paced development environments
- Experience with engineering change management and BOM control tools (Arena likely preferred, other PLM tools possible)
- Meticulous attention to detail and organization
- Spreadsheet savvy in Google Sheets and/or MS Excel
- Comfortable working closely with technical engineering team members, and ability to follow key details of design and reason for changes (engineering/technical background is preferred but not required)
- Flexibility to manage several projects in parallel while readjusting focus as development priorities change
- Ability to interface with several local and overseas suppliers through frequent communication while supporting effective collaboration between Skydio and relevant suppliers
At Skydio we believe that diversity drives innovation. We have created a multi-disciplinary environment that embraces the power of diverse perspectives to create elegant solutions for complex problems. We are committed to growing our network of people, programs, and resources to nurture an inclusive culture.
As such, we do not make hiring or other employment-related decisions on the basis of an applicant or employee’s race, color, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and related medical conditions), pregnancy, gender, gender identity or expression, age, religion, disability status, sexual orientation, marital status, medical condition, generic information or characteristics, veteran, military or family status, or other classifications protected by applicable federal, state or local anti-discrimination laws.