Skydio is the world leader in autonomous flight, the key technology for the future of drones and aerial transportation. The Skydio team combines deep expertise in artificial intelligence, best-in-class hardware and software product development, and operational excellence to empower a broader, more diverse audience of drone users - from action sports enthusiasts to first responders to insurance claims adjusters.
About the role:
Truly autonomous drones are a new product category that demand a new kind of mobile experience. Forget complex joysticks and awkward tilt-controls: we are crafting completely novel interactions that leverage Skydio’s onboard intelligence to empower a much broader, more diverse audience of drone users.
How you'll make an impact:
- Define and develop the primary user interface for the world’s most advanced autonomous flying camera.
- Combine your knowledge of the iOS ecosystem with our Drone Intelligence API and set the gold standard for what a drone app should be.
- Develop features for controlling the drone’s movement and behaviors (3d camera manipulation, initiation of context-specific cinematic maneuvers, etc).
- Improve user experiences by incorporating augmented reality, in-app content creation, and sharing capabilities.
- Iterate on designs based on user feedback, internal testing, and your own experience piloting Skydio 2.
- Establish and guide the quality assurance process for production mobile, including the App Store deployment.
What makes you a strong fit:
- You have a passion for meticulously crafted interfaces that strike the correct balance between ease-of-use, elegance, and power.
- You’ve shipped code to the App Store and experienced the joys (and frustrations) of getting feedback from real users.
- You appreciate the value of code-review and other collaborative development practices.
- Our iOS codebase is primarily written in Swift 5, leveraging Apple’s best practices for UI development.
- Skydio’s Autonomy Engine is powered by an extensive C++ codebase, which our iOS and Android apps leverage for critical communication with the drone.
At Skydio we believe that diversity drives innovation. We have created a multi-disciplinary environment that embraces the power of diverse perspectives to create elegant solutions for complex problems. We are committed to growing our network of people, programs, and resources to nurture an inclusive culture.
As such, we do not make hiring or other employment-related decisions on the basis of an applicant or employee’s race, color, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and related medical conditions), pregnancy, gender, gender identity or expression, age, religion, disability status, sexual orientation, marital status, medical condition, generic information or characteristics, veteran, military or family status, or other classifications protected by applicable federal, state or local anti-discrimination laws.