Skydio is the leading US drone manufacturer and world leader in autonomous flight, the key technology for the future of drones and aerial transportation. The Skydio team combines deep expertise in artificial intelligence, best-in-class hardware and software product development, and operational excellence to empower a broader, more diverse audience of drone users - from action sports enthusiasts to first responders.
We’re looking for an experienced Wireless Systems Engineer to drive performance, simulations and optimizations of our Drone network focusing on improving performance metrics, optimize capacity, throughput and latency in highly congested / NLOS and long range use cases.
- You will simulate, evaluate, implement and optimize Skydio’s wireless solutions, extend the range, enhance the operation in congested NLOS use cases and manage various connection topologies.
- You will lead the deployment, tuning and evaluation of the OTA performance metrics for such a network targets to meet system level KPI.
- You will develop, implement and validate system level algorithms aimed to improve those performance metrics.
- You will explore and evaluate multiple wireless solutions in the drone as well as the ground stations.
- You will collaborate with SW, Firmware and HW engineers to improve existing wireless networks and develop the next generation solution for Skydio’s network.
What makes you a good fit:
- Strong understanding of WLAN and/or cellular protocols and performance metrics.
- Strong background in Wireless end to end operation and associated impact on the system performance.
- Experience with PHY and MAC level simulations.
- Experience in Firmware development.
- Experience with using lab equipment for test and debug. Equipment such as wireless test equipment, Protocol analyzer, PHY level test equipment.
- Experience with Python/C/C++/MATLAB and Simulink.
- Can work in a collaborative environment with multiple teams alongside systems, SW and RF Engineers.
- PhD or Masters in a relevant area of study.
At Skydio we believe that diversity drives innovation. We have created a multi-disciplinary environment that embraces the power of diverse perspectives to create elegant solutions for complex problems. We are committed to growing our network of people, programs, and resources to nurture an inclusive culture.
As such, we do not make hiring or other employment-related decisions on the basis of an applicant or employee’s race, color, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and related medical conditions), pregnancy, gender, gender identity or expression, age, religion, disability status, sexual orientation, marital status, medical condition, generic information or characteristics, veteran, military or family status, or other classifications protected by applicable federal, state or local anti-discrimination laws.
For positions located in the United States of America, our company Skydio, Inc. uses E-Verify to confirm employment eligibility. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit https://www.e-verify.gov/