Company. What we are building:
Skupos drives revenue growth across all segments of the convenience retail industry through technology that connects both retailers and brands to their shoppers. With a focus on independent stores and small chains which make up nearly 80% of the market, the Skupos platform enables both retailers and brands to compete through better understanding and serving their customers. Founded in 2016, a growing network of 14,000+ customers across all 50 states rely on Skupos to boost sales volume and increase their customer base.
Role. An overview of the opportunity:
Skupos is seeking a Software Engineer for a growing and thriving development team. We are a tight knit group with a team first mentality. We strive to achieve our engineering efforts through our team culture, clean code and hard work!
We are looking for a passionate backend engineer that takes pride in their work relationships and the business outcomes that their work affects. An engineer that wants to improve on their talents and contribute to the growth of a shared technical vision and who gains satisfaction from taking on challenging and novel problems with creative solutions.
Responsibilities. Your responsibilities will include:
- Work on novel solutions and product capabilities bridging the gap between 3rd party distributed legacy client systems and modern, rapidly evolving, internal cloud infrastructure
- Research and develop proof of concepts across various business concerns and product facets
- Maintain, reinforce, and extend core infrastructure and applications that keep the company operating at scale
- Work in a collaborative and inclusive team environment which values open discussion, exploration, and creativity
- Collaborate and pair with team members across the organization (FE/BE engineering, data engineering, information security, business and product management) to create secure, reliable, scalable software solutions
- Work with Product Team to craft user stories that are developer-ready, easy to understand and testable
- Coordinate with team members on project preparations; assist in developing project plans and proposals
- Track project progress, ensure timely completion and create transparency
- Research and recommend new technologies that will enhance team performance, improve project delivery times and decrease development stack overhead
- Help grow other team members through mentorship & hands-on guidance
Experience. Candidates should have:
- 4-year computer science degree or equivalent experience
- 8+ years of professional work experience in server side software development, preferably in Node.js / Typescript
- Test-driven development (e.g. Jest)
- SQL (e.g. PostgreSQL, MySQL)
- In-memory caching and search indexing (e.g. Redis, Elasticache)
- Worker thread pattern and job queues (Redis backed queueing systems a plus)
- Building REST APIs (frameworks such as Express.js, Koa.js)
- Application build and development tooling (e.g. Webpack, Babel, Gulp, Grunt)
- Understanding of distributed computing and client orchestration a plus (botnet C2, client/server architectures based on socket RPC (e.g. websocket, socketIO, zeroMQ)
- Cloud and distributed services (AWS, Elasticsearch)
- Comfortable working in and administrating Linux environments
- Understanding of application level data processing and performance optimization (chunking/streaming)
Nice to Haves
- Experience with Atlassian JIRA, Confluence
- Experience with network diagrams, UML, data flow diagrams (using Lucidchart or equivalent)
- Experience with GraphQL
- Experience with Terraform/Terragrunt
- Experience with IPSec or similar secure network protocols
- Experience with remote file transfer protocols (e.g. SMB, FTP)
- Experience with transport protocols (TCP/IP, UDP/IP)
- Experience with secure software development for maintaining compliance such as PCI/FIPS/HIPPA
- Understanding of logical and physical networking concepts
- Secure network zoning and segregation (POLP, Zero Trust)
- Network tunneling, bridging, and peering
Salary based on experience and location.
Salary range: $35,000 - $50,000 USD
Benefits. What we offer:
- Competitive salary
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- 401(k) retirement savings plan
- Discretionary time off (DTO)
- Wellness stipend
- And more!
A Note on Covid...
We are fortunate to continue to grow during this unfortunate time. Our top priority is to ensure the health and safety of both our current and future Skupeeps. That being said, we will continue to manage our interview process virtually, don't be surprised if children or pets make an appearance.
We deeply care about you as our candidate, so let the People Team know if there’s anything we can do to make your interview process go more smoothly - we are in your corner!