Company. What we are building:
Skupos is the data platform for the convenience retail industry. Retailers, distributors, and brands connect to the Skupos network to create value from disparate data. Convenience retail is a long-standing industry with limited technology adoption, but is responsible for more revenue annually than all of e-commerce in the United States. Skupos leverages our massive datasets to build tools that help the industry succeed.
Skupos software integrates at a retailer’s point of sale, generates analytical insights, and enables promotion execution and performance tracking. For distributors and CPG brands, we provide real-time visibility into consumer purchasing decisions and enable automated promotional discounts at the point of sale. We view our company as revolutionizing a brick-and-mortar industry by bringing cutting-edge technology to physical stores, and helping harness data to create a frictionless connection between millions of people and the products they need.
Role. An overview of the opportunity:
As the Regional Director of Enterprise Sales you will drive our enterprise sales adoption and report directly to the VP of Sales. You will leverage relationships with CPG executives and develop new relationships with business leaders to understand their unique company challenges and to influence their perspective of Skupos Enterprise solutions. You will do this with deep industry understanding, communicating the business value of our platform to drive value.
You will help drive our Enterprise market penetration with overall responsibility for building broad product adoption in the Midwest Region. The Regional Director of Enterprise Sales will require both strategic and day-to-day leadership to continue to grow our platform adoption. Responsibilities include selling to the largest CPG accounts, expanding partners, and collaborating cross-functionally across Product, Operations, Marketing and Engineering to drive sales growth.
Responsibilities. Your responsibilities will include:
- Lead and manage the entire Enterprise sales-cycle in the Midwest Region (organizational planning, execution, and closing key CPG accounts)
- Influence the companies sales methodology and drive best practices on selling, forecasting, and account management within large key accounts.
- Continuously design, build and execute Go-to-Market Enterprise strategies for the region in collaboration with cross-functional leadership.
- Strong leadership - Scaling best sales practices across the organization and driving our key account strategy overall.
- Drive and own business metrics, sales forecasting, functional review meetings, deal review, customer account reviews, weekly team meetings and periodic company-wide kick offs.
- Travel within the Midwest Region and/or U.S.could be expected (up to 50% post-Covid)
Experience. Candidates should have:
- BA/BS degree or equivalent experience
- Minimum of 10 years of enterprise sales experience in quota carrying sales and strategic account management
- Minimum of 10 years of success selling data and enterprise software into consumer packaged goods (CPG) with a focus in the areas of Brand Marketing, Market Research, Category Management, Shopper, & Consumer Insights
- Must have extensive knowledge / Experience selling enterprise solutions (SaaS)
- Must have data sales experience; proven ability of data enterprise sales to CPG companies a plus
- Knowledge of SaaS business models and B2B channel structures
- Proven track record of significant over-quota achievement and demonstrated career stability / growth
- Understanding of household panel data (Nielsen and/or IRI)
- Deep understanding of Salesforce CRM a plus
Skills & Experience. We are looking for:
- Driven, entrepreneurial spirit
- Comfortable working in hyper-paced, startup environment
- Proven track record of delivering high-quality results in a timely manner, including consecutively exceeding past sales quotas
- Deep understanding of multiple facets of consumer products with prior experience selling into marketing, shopper and/or consumer insights a plus
- Deep knowledge base of the sales process with the ability to engage senior level executives in strategic meetings to ensure top down alignment a plus
- Skilled at building and managing customer relationships
- Strong oral, written, and presentation skills
Benefits. What we offer:
- Competitive salary
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- 401(k) retirement savings plan
- Discretionary time off (DTO)
- Wellness stipend
- And more!
A Note on Covid...
We are fortunate to continue to grow during this unfortunate time. Our top priority is to ensure the health and safety of both our current and future Skupeeps.
Since March, all of our Skuad has been working remotely and will continue to do so until we know it is safe to collaborate face-to-face again. As you go through our virtual interview process, don't be surprised if children or pets make an appearance. If we are fortunate to welcome you to the Skuad, we will get you all the equipment needed to get you set up and productive at home.
Work From Home (WFH) life can be challenging. We have and will continue to take steps that ease some of the burden for our Skuad including:
- Monthly stipends to help offset additional expenses incurred with WFH
- Access to mental health & wellness resources
We deeply care about you as our candidate, so let your Recruiter know if there’s anything we can do to make your interview process go more smoothly - We are in your corner!